More proof that Jeep is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
X2. Where's the proof?

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

marktutone

Adventurer
Proof

Sorry about just blurting the video without explanation. I scour the internet for overland video's and I have noticed the acceptance of the jeep as the ultimate 4x4 all over the world. One criteria for a world class overland vehicle is the availability of parts around the globe. I think I am witnessing an upsurge in acceptance of the Jeep JK. Although it seems to be a no-brainer because there are only a couple of vehicles in the world that meet some very basic criteria like solid front and rear axles. There are also aftermarket companies in the U.S. that are now opening up sales channels around the world. It is not just the videos that I am noticing but also the enthusiasm of the Jeep owners around the world. Well there it is.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Solid axles front and rear means very little to the overland crowd. And to be fair I think you could find enthusiasm for all brands if you looked for it.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
You probably own a jeep and have never left the U.S. I don't see many jeeps when I am in Europe and I know parts are not easy to get there. Oh but wait you probably think the World Series in baseball means it is played world wide. HAHA.
The jeep is a nice platform but I would not consider it a world wide best. I would probably buy a jeep in the U.S. but only because I could not get a 110 Landy. If you are not doing rock crawling there is not a big advantage to a solid front axle. :smiley_drive:

Viggen

Just here...
Leave the US. Jeeps are not everywhere are are definitely not a first choice. Patrols, Land Cruisers, and yes, Defenders, still are. Also, using an AEV Brute as an example is hardly a good one. Not stock/ modified body, frame, trans, axles, motor, just to name a few important things.

This thread is great.

marktutone

Adventurer
I have been maintaining a video blog now for a couple of years and I can tell you that there is an increase in videos of Jeep owners on every continent of the world. The demand for aftermarket parts in Australia, Europe and Asia is increasing. This is evidence of of increased sales. Read here and here. Face it the old guard of overland vehicles has faltered. Companies like Toyota are producing soccer mom vehicles. Land Rover Defender 110 is so out dated that they have not been sold in the U.S. For years..Jeep has stayed true to the 4x4 crowd. I own a Land Cruiser FZJ80 and a Jeep TJ. I owned the Land Cruiser before I owned the Jeep. My personal choice of vehicles is now my Jeep

Last edited:

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
Nothing against Jeeps but you're comparing sales volume of a $75, 000 vehicle against one half the price. If the LC sold for the price of a jeep the sales numbers would look quite different. Chevy Cruise sales outnumber Ferrari sales too but that says nothing about quality, value, or which one most people would rather have.:)

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I see a lot more Astro vans when in Mexico than Jeeps. I guess that's proof that Mexico did not get the memo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz