scored a deal, OR gore tex sombrero.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I was planning to order a OR goretex sombrero in the next couple weeks, I was poking around winners/tj maxx here on the island and found one for 24 bucks. grabbed it right away...Im guessing where it was small they could not sell it so I got the deal as I have a small head. works for me!

haven

Expedition Leader
I used the original Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero on trips to Alaska and coastal Quebec/New Brunswick/ Maine, as well as rainy day trips in California. The hat provided good coverage during a downpour. I was less satisfied with the hat brim when it was windy. It didn't take much wind to fold up the brim, letting the rain onto my face or ear. The Gore-Tex material was breathable in cooler temps, but too warm for me in temps over 75*F.

I have had better luck with a Tilley hat in a wide range of conditions. The cotton Tilley, treated with a DWR spray, does an admirable job shedding light and medium rain. Even after all day outdoors, the hat isn't too soggy. If it's really pouring, I switch to a hooded jacket and a baseball cap. The brim of the Tilley retains its shape in strong wind, e.g., in Patagonia.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
yes, I find the brim moves with the wind. but at 24 bucks its a no brainer. my tilley is a great hat too. like watches, boots, vehicles, etc, you can never have to many hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles