LR3 Hitch Options?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
What would be the better Hitch Option on an LR3, the genuine LR hitch or an aftermarket Bolt on one? We will just be pulling a light pop up camper or a Cricket at the most.
00010736f.jpg

or
LR019990ABP_LARGE.jpg

or
2006-land-rover-lr3-curt-hitch-590x400c.jpg

Thanks

Nate

Last edited:

iowalr4

Adventurer
I paid retail at a dealer when I bought the thing, so I am not the best person to ask. I think its a racket and a bit pricey, but it works well and is the best option.

It should really come with it, and the last damn few feet of wire harness, but it is what it is.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Thanks Dendy,
that thread helped a lot. I picked up one of the old style Hitches used from British 4x4 and I have my wiring harness coming in form mail too. The last thing will be flashing the computer to have the towing settings. anyone know if the GAP IID tool will do that or is it a make way to the dealer for that.

Nate

Erik@Lucky8

FWIW, The Genuine Hitch is the only way to go if you plan on towing a lot of weight (boat, D2)
Stay with the short stubby version as I have seen several failed longer originals.
When I installed the wiring on my LR3, I never had anything reflashed or reprogrammed and it tows just fine. The trucks recognizes when there is a trailer hooked up and sends the appropriate signals for the air suspension as well.

Attachments

• tow.JPG
    tow.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 61

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I picked up the long version a while back and it serves my needs. After we get moved I may sell it and try to pick up the short one.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Really after we move it won't matter anymore. The most it will ever be towing after that is a little fiberglass trailer with climbing gear after that. In all reality I won't be doing much in this truck since my wife has confiscated it from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94