My FJ60 V8 conversion by Wolf Creek Rod Works

NCFJ

Adventurer
I use Griffin radiators for my swaps. Great company to deal with and they stand behind their product.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I also run a ls1, 33's in my 60. But I have 5.29 gear. Do you still like the 4.11 choice or do you think 4.56 might have been a good choice?

Don recommended changing from 4.56 to 4.11 as at highway speeds the the lower gears would be revving the engine. If there was an in between gear ratio between 4.11 and 4.56 that would be perfect.

zimm

Expedition Leader
the gear spread on the h55f is why i would go with an nv4500 if i was to switch to a v8. a steeper, broader curve can take wider range of ratios. the h55f isnt set up as a v8 tranny. i say this because ive done other conversions, and i am trying hard to blow up my current 2f so i can justify the swap. any other time i can kill a 2f. its funny how when you want something to break it wont.

nice swap. i like the engine over the vortec. KISS.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My H55 trans only had a couple of thousand miles and could not see spending even more money on the conversion.

zimm

Expedition Leader
My H55 trans only had a couple of thousand miles and could not see spending even more money on the conversion.

the tranny to engine conversion is wash with a tranny to split case conversion. put in the nv4500, and sell the h55f.

if planned from the beginning its a wash.

but in reality i'm likely to just do a 1500 buck ls4.8 to the h55f because i have the bell housing already, and i'd have to move the twin sticks and toybox levers. that .73 OD sure would be nice with that v8 tho. i bought it as is, but if i had planned it from the beginning.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior