GSI Base Camper Large Review

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Sarah loves to cook and the proper tools for the job are essential to making quality grub. Space a weight are both issues in any overland vehicle, whether everyone wants to admit to those as issues or not. The GSI Pinnacle Base Camper Large seems to be a great kitchen setup for the new EEXP. Check out Sarah's review here: http://www.exploringelements.com/review-gsi-pinnacle-base-camper/

GSIPinnacleBaseCamperReview-8.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
I have the older version of these and agree they are a great set. Reasonably priced and nest really well. The only thing I want to add is a second handle, so that both the smaller pot and frying pan can be used. Yes you can move it back and forth but thats a pain when its hot. I think they sell them separately, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have found a couple of plastic bowls fit inside too!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I have the older version of these and agree they are a great set. Reasonably priced and nest really well. The only thing I want to add is a second handle, so that both the smaller pot and frying pan can be used. Yes you can move it back and forth but thats a pain when its hot. I think they sell them separately, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have found a couple of plastic bowls fit inside too!

Yes, you can buy a second handle. However, you MAY decide it's a bad idea. I too bought a second handle specifically so I could have two pots or a pot and a pan going at the same time. However the handles tend to heat up pretty fast. Not sure if it is by conduction through the connection to the pot, or due to "spill" of heat around the edges of the pot, but the end result is that the handles get uncomfortably hot very fast. As a result, I've taken to always disconnecting the handle unless I'm actively using it, just to keep it cool.

Alternatively, plan to use a hot-pad or glove...

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I have that set, and I've used it on many occasions. I love it, suits my needs very well. Saves A LOT of space too.

Only issue I've had is a bit of warping on the frying pan, as they are rather thin. But with proper heat control, it's no worries.

raysuf

How is the large for 2 people, would the smaller size be more appropriate? We don't tend to cook for more then 2 and portions are highly controlled. A 9-10" frying pan is good, but the pots might be over kill.

I've been looking at these for a while and can't seem to pull the trigger. If I get the small will it be okay, if I get the large will the pots be oversized for what we put in them? Then there is I'm I just overthinking this?

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Probably overthinking this Raysuf, but we gear people tend to do that ;)

This set works perfect for 2 people and allows you to cook a little more for up to 4 people on occasion. It really is the perfect size for Sarah and I on a daily basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94