Range Rover Classic

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
Thinking about getting a '94-95 RRC. Anybody have experience/opinions with these trucks?

Thanks!

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
You'll get tons of opinions, what info are you looking for? Those two years are quite different.

rover109

I have a 95 LWB which I try to keep as clean as possible. The dash for the 95's was only made for one year. If the plastic dash parts crack/break it is nearly impossible to find a replacement pieces. The 94 & earlier dash parts seem to be available if needed.

Replacing the heater core on a 95 is said to be much easier than on 94 & earlier models.

Blueboy

Adventurer
Have '94 LWB as like the original dash design.

HVAC better on '95 though.

Buy the one with the less rust and prior maintenance.

image.jpg

LR Max

Local Oaf
I've been told the 95 is a far better truck than earlier years. That said, I've talked to many who have enjoyed their earlier trucks.

Either find one that has been taken care of or one that has been properly built.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Buy the 95. It will cost you a little more and be harder to find but its so beautiful and well worth it in my opinion. I had a white 95 LWB and can say its my favorite car I've ever owned. I will always regret selling it. I ended up getting rid of it after several maintenance issues. It never left me stranded but I did have to put 5k in work in her. (She was only 5k to buy though)

If you're buying one thinking you'll save money due to cheap entry price then run. You'll spend more on it in maintenance than it will cost to buy a toyota. If you want an awesome 4x4 that is beautiful and timeless buy it.

I currently own a range rover sport and would gladly trade it for a clean 95 lwb. That should tell you something considering my car is easily worth 2-4 times as much depending on the classic.

roverandom

Adventurer
This is just my personal opinion, if you are going to buy classic original Range Rover then it should also have a proper Range Rover dash and iconic instrument binnacle and not the low rent Discovery hand me down to enable airbag compliance.

That's not to say I wouldn't buy one if no decent -94's were available. All Range Rover Classic's fantastic in their own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenbull

Adventurer
I have a 1995 SWB I bought 7 years ago, and it is one of my favorites, but only after much work and love and conversions, (300TDI) as the 3.9 buick engine easily overheats, and then even with the top rebuilt, you never know if the bottom is cracked? You can never overheat them, or that aluminum block is done...

David Harris

Expedition Leader
This is just my personal opinion, if you are going to buy classic original Range Rover then it should also have a proper Range Rover dash and iconic instrument binnacle and not the low rent Discovery hand me down to enable airbag compliance.

Exactly. I love that quirky dash, and my AC even blows 40 degrees too! I went a step further and bought one with the exposed door hinges (early '89). Now if I could just find a decker panel and hood with exposed hinges. . .

David

Groove222

My Brother-in-law had one. While the major components were trouble free, it nickeled & dimed him to death with all the little stuff and plastic on the inside that broke. Windows, locks, knobs, seats, belt retractors, etc. Parts in CA were expensive so they dumped it.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I have a 1995 SWB I bought 7 years ago, and it is one of my favorites, but only after much work and love and conversions, (300TDI) as the 3.9 buick engine easily overheats, and then even with the top rebuilt, you never know if the bottom is cracked? You can never overheat them, or that aluminum block is done...

How was the swap? My good friend has an 89 RRC with a engine that is completely done for and we were toying with the idea of a 300TDI swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke