4.636 gears from an LS into a gen 2.5 with locker?

stioc

Expedition Leader
BTW, about the pinion nut. Just remember to mark it and count the threads so you don't screw up the pinion bearing preload.

PS. we need pics of the 33s.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Just replied there...I'm pretty sure it'll be fine once the pinion nut is re-torqued. Good luck!

nckwltn

Explorer
pulling up an old thread: Our 2nd kid on the way in February, the wife is in full "nesting" mode, and I'm getting pressured to store more stuff in the garage. This means I need to get moving on some things I have sitting around and get myself organized a bit.

To that end, and to keep everyone from re-read the thread: Over the summer of 2014 I swapped out gearing from the stock gen 2.5 4.27 to 4.636 that from a 97 SR. I've done 7k miles on the swapped gears, and all is going well.

In my haste, I pulled out the front end from a 9x LS. While it technically has the 4.636 gearing, it is a different size and unless I wanted to downgrade my axle sizes, I pulled the front out of the SR too.

Now, I've got 2 front ends in my garage on the floor. One of them is my original 4.27 from the 99, and the smaller ring gear 4.636 from an LS.

I sold my rear-locker equipped 4.27 to someone who had an '00 with no locker.... what should I do with the 2 I have now? I'm thinking about just throwing up a craigslist ad and giving them away. I'm sure I could take them in for scrap, but unless I could get more than 40-50 bucks, it seems like it is more trouble than just having someone tote them away for free.

Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz