Rotopax on a 1st gen hood?

Bhodgin

If I was going to mount them, which I'm sure I won't now due to the flammable nature, I would likely put them on a small 1/2" round stock frame I would fab, with a matching fishplates for the bottom of the hood which the struts would be attached to. I will likely try and salvage the solar gear from my Subaru and tool with that. I did figure the weight on the gas and such and it still weighs in less than cheap solar panels. I'll figure out how I want to set this thing up yet.

robert

Expedition Leader
Your hood is also designed to buckle in an accident; strapping things to it would likely defeat this

beags86

Adventurer
I say do it, this tread is another typical expo thread, full of haters telling you your ideas suck. I agree with some of the concerns (you will need to adress some things here) but if you do it right then why not? I certainly wouldn't let some thread influence me not to.

ebg18t

Adventurer
I don't think has anything to do with haters. Folks are offering safety information/concerns

Personally I would not put gas on my hood. A hood when crumpled from an accident just seems like a bad idea when/ if it contacts a plastic mounted fuel container.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles