New ARB fridge changes

MTaco

Adventurer
I just received my new ARB 50 fridge from Sierra Expeditions (extremely fast free shipping to boot) and noticed in the menu there is a CH1-CH4 setting but it is not mentioned in the users manual.
Does anyone know what it does? Also I like the new DC plug. Unfortunately I just installed a Blue Sea plug so I'll be changing that out for the new style ARB plug.

perkj

Explorer
I suggest calling ARB USA directly to see what they say:

ARB USA Sales, Customers Service, General Inquiries, Tech & Warranty
720 SW 34th StreetRenton, WA 98057
phone: (425) 264 1391 Fax: (425) 264 1392 Toll Free: (866) 293-9078

MTaco

Adventurer
I suggest calling ARB USA directly to see what they say:

ARB USA Sales, Customers Service, General Inquiries, Tech & Warranty
720 SW 34th StreetRenton, WA 98057
phone: (425) 264 1391 Fax: (425) 264 1392 Toll Free: (866) 293-9078

I will have to do that. I found this mentioned on an FJ Cruiser forum but the thread died with no answer. I will update after I get around to calling them.

MTaco

Adventurer
Bluetooth connection for remote thermometer readout? I am totally guessing

Good guess. I just got off the phone with ARB and they said it will be for a wireless remote thermometer. It has 4 different channels so you can read up to 4 different fridges. It is not on the market yet here in the US but it should be soon.

perkj

Explorer
Good guess. I just got off the phone with ARB and they said it will be for a wireless remote thermometer. It has 4 different channels so you can read up to 4 different fridges. It is not on the market yet here in the US but it should be soon.

Did they happen to mention when they they started including this in the menu options?

MTaco

Adventurer
He didn't say but it sounds like if you have the new style DC plug, you should have the CH1-CH4 option. I think it is just on 2014 models but I could be wrong.

ripperj

Explorer
What's the new style plug? I bought a 50 in may, but I think it's the same plug as always, black plastic with a red removable pc.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Sardog1

Observer
See the attached link for info on the new plug and socket.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-FRIDGE-FREEZER-DC-CORD-POWER-PLUG-10910076-P22816.aspx

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-THREADED-SOCKET-SURFACE-MOUNT-10900028-P22818.aspx

I have a two year old 50qt fridge. Saw the new socket and thought the design would work better for my application so I ordered it before discovering that it'll take the new cord to make it work. So, I'm currently waiting for the cord to come. They were both back ordered at Quadratec.

moabian

I've been using wireless remote readouts in my fridges for 10 years. I use the small weather station sensors and receivers available at places like Radio Shack. The receiver is always placed where it can be read from the driver's seat. It's about time someone included it as a feature in the fridge. I bought my 63-qt ARB in January. It has the old style Merit plug.

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
Thanks, I have the old plug, don't care about that,but the wireless temp would have been cool.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Glad I found this thread. A host of us were trying to figure out what the CH settings were! Thanks for clearing it up!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions

Should be in stock on Tuesday.

tjrubicon

I've been using wireless remote readouts in my fridges for 10 years. I use the small weather station sensors and receivers available at places like Radio Shack. The receiver is always placed where it can be read from the driver's seat. It's about time someone included it as a feature in the fridge. I bought my 63-qt ARB in January. It has the old style Merit plug.

Any recommendations for a small one that doesnt have a huge display? Ive been looking but all are huge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles