New ARB fridge changes

moabian

Small ones are very hard to find. I use an old Nexxtech Indoor/Outdoor unit. The receiver is only about 2-3 inches square and sits in the tray on the dash. The newer ones from the same company are substantially larger.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
FYI, between now and 9/30, ARB is offering $50 and $75 rebates on new fridges. Rebate form can be downloaded here, post on another board about rebate is here. No affiliation, etc.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
i love it when a search pays off....got my answer to my "ch1-4" question on my new fridge...

but now i have another....what are the steps to calibrate the thermostat on the fridge display? is there one? I ve found a couple other threads where the calibration is mentioned, but nothing about how to actually do it....

thnx!

KiwiKurt

Explorer
loaded fridge. put thermometer above open glass of water. Set it to 31, arb says its holding 27, thermometer tells me its 40. :rolleyes:

foeix

i love it when a search pays off....got my answer to my "ch1-4" question on my new fridge...

but now i have another....what are the steps to calibrate the thermostat on the fridge display? is there one? I ve found a couple other threads where the calibration is mentioned, but nothing about how to actually do it....

thnx!

Hold the + & - buttons together. After 5 seconds or so it will allow you to change the temp reading offset up or down 5 (maybe 10, cant remember) degrees.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
gallon of milk, and 3 half gallons of other liquids. then the glass of water in the middle for the thermometer.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KiwiKurt

Explorer
Hold the + & - buttons together. After 5 seconds or so it will allow you to change the temp reading offset up or down 5 (maybe 10, cant remember) degrees.

thanks. Next time I pack it up fully for an actual trip, I'll get it as close as possible.

cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
loaded fridge. put thermometer above open glass of water. Set it to 31, arb says its holding 27, thermometer tells me its 40. :rolleyes:

Well, now you know the ambient air temp above a glass of water inside an ARB fridge set to 31 deg and you can adjust accordingly... for all the times that is super critical. :)

newhue

Adventurer
Why, I'm a loss as to why anyone would want to, or care what their fridge is doing after setting the temp on fridge initially. Do you check and look at the fridge at home. If it's too hot turn it down, if the light comes one when you open it it's working.
Wouldn't a independently powered AA battery audio alarm be better bit of marketing. At least while your camping and relaxing you could hear the alarm if the fridge source battery is failing, but to walk around with your tempriture wi fi gizmo, or set up and keep checking a mounted dash gizmo leaves me wondering why. If that is the best ARB have, they need some new inspiration or direction.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior