Possibly the coolest tent I have ever seen...

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
A bit pricey...but wow. Great concept.

http://www.tentsile.com/

tent-1.jpg

Last edited:

stioc

Expedition Leader
I like that picture for sure, and the hammock/tent looks like a great idea but probably only useful for some areas. My first thought when I saw it was where do you find three trees in that close proximity in the desert? I guess you could just use it as a ground tent.

JJBiggs

I like that picture for sure, and the hammock/tent looks like a great idea but probably only useful for some areas. My first thought when I saw it was where do you find three trees in that close proximity in the desert? I guess you could just use it as a ground tent.

It also sets up on the ground.

c.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander

Park the truck close to two trees? :D

Honu

lost on the mainland
Posted that a while ago here :)

Might pick one up for fun next season even just as a place for the kids to have a fort etc....

Seems cool

concretejungle

Adventurer
OK, i think those are cool too... But.

I actually saw one in person (might be a different brand but VERY similar) and even sat in it. My take is, yes it's cool and innovative, but, not really practical. First off, you have to have super sturdy points to fasten the tent too. Yes, you can set it up on the ground but what's the point?!

It's hard to get in and out of and really you aren't doing much in there regarding cooking and changing. Yes, if it's raining you and your closest friends can play cards and talk.

That's just my 2 cents.

JJBiggs

Just sold my Kodiak. This would be a perfect solution for the kids. All they do is sleep in there...
Will likely pick one up. Once I do...I'll post up a review.

C.

nuclearmonkey

Observer
If you search enough, you'll find a couple of reviews where people were unhappy with water intrusion. It was enough to scare me away, but ymmv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94