$136 bull bar on my 2006 Ram

Rbertalotto

Explorer
I bought a VERY inexpensive Bull Bar from Ebay for my 2006 Ram 2500. Took all of 30 minutes to install, but you do lose the factory tow hooks. I have a front, frame mounted receiver hitch so this wasn't a big deal for me.

I'm not sure how they can sell a bar like this with free shipping from California to Massachusetts for $136.............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321023268838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

P1040264-vi.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
What are you hoping to protect with that? It doesn't seem like it will do much for you if you hit a deer or ?

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Don't plan on hitting a deer, although I hit two within a month with my Yukon a few years ago. That truck had a similar bar and although the bar received a hoof dent, the truck was un scratched. Back then I owned a restaurant and was traveling on deer infested roads at 4am. Saw deer on the road every day! A couple years before this I hit a big buck with a Jeep Grand Cherokee and sustained $3500 in damage. That's when I bought the Bull Bar for the Yukon and started driving that to the restaurant.

As we all know, most of the stuff we do to our trucks is all about appearance. This bar just plain looks cool!

ihatemybike

Explorer
How? Cheap / thin steel that will rust out relatively quickly. I see those things in the bone yards all the time and they always aren't worth moving to a different vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles