Hellwig "Big Wig" Sway Bar from Amazon

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Just ordered a Hellwig "Big Wig" heavy duty sway bar for my 2006 Dodge 2500. Amazing the difference in pricing. From a high of $400 from local parts supplier to $340 from online auto/truck parts suppliers to $232.00 with free two day shipping from Amazon! How does Amazon do it? And I use an Amazon credit card for all expenses so I had $62 in Amazon Credit...........Total cost, $183.92. I really much prefer to buy local, but not at a 83% increase in price.

My 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel carries a 2400 pound Palomino Bronco 1200 camper. With airbags and Rancho 9000 shocks I still get more side to side sway than I like. Everything I've read about this heavy duty sway bars says it will solve this issue toote sweet!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Great price even without their card. I paid about that for my smaller Hellwig.
You'll love the improvement in street handling.
My friend had the Big Wig with his 2005 and 9.5' hardsided camper.
Installation's maybe an hour. Very high quality powdercoating. Be sure and grease the polyurethane bushings. I used white lithium paste grease years ago on mine. Quiet to this day.
My stock front coils were pitifully inadequate,so my Dodge shop had some Kore VR trade-ins handy for $100. Along with some of Thuren's Kings and his trackbar it's real nice.

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
Assuming I ever get my Alaskan done I need to get a swaybar for my '12 2500, thanks for the tip. I too like to buy local, but not if it's going to save big bucks by using my prime account, I am not made of money.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
When I bought my Hellwig sway bar form a reputable supplier I got exactly what I needed. It works great...:)

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Hellwig admitted they screwed up on the parts box. They are sending me the proper brackets. Should be good to go by the weekend.

Scoutman

Explorer
I put a big wig on my 06 and it did make a big difference in the sway. I use the bags for height and the big wig takes care of the rest. I think I did a writeup on DTR if I can find it I'll post it.

Scoutman

Explorer
I put a big wig on my 06 and it did make a big difference in the sway. I use the bags for height and the big wig takes care of the rest. I think I did a writeup on DTR if I can find it I'll post it.

Edit, nope. My writeup was on the airbags...

Rbertalotto

Explorer
You'd think that since it was their error, they would ship the parts priority mail...."If It Fits It Ships" would be $5.25

If they shipped it UPS, I'd get automatic confirmation that it is on its way to me. Haven't received anything in the way of a notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz