Does anyone use the AMG for overlanding?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
They don't have a K4 for the G63 yet. I have the Kleemann/HJS cat down pipes, turbo bridge pipes, and ECU tune. It would probably be considered their K3 package even though it isn't listed on the Kleemann website yet. It makes about 650 whp which is about all the diffs can handle according to Kleemann.

Wait, no cams or t-body?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Not available for the 63. Plus, I don't want any more power. At full throttle it's all over the road and a real handful.

Hi John,

Ah that's right. In that case, Cory says you really need to go for their upgraded turbo set. :cool:

-Jeremy

Observer
Hi John,

Ah that's right. In that case, Cory says you really need to go for their upgraded turbo set. :cool:

-Jeremy

I begged them to upgrade the turbos! They said the diffs can't handle any more power. It's making over 750HP according to their dyno.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I begged them to upgrade the turbos! They said the diffs can't handle any more power. It's making over 750HP according to their dyno.

Well Cory says he's still waiting for pricing from DK...so the turbos are a comin'! :)

penguincoder

Observer
I have a G63 that I take to Moab. It's amazing what they'll do. Mine is lifted using ORC springs and Radflo suspension. I also removed the side steps and side pipes. In addition, it makes about 750 HP compliments of Kleemann in CO Springs. This is my fourth G and they're by far my favorite vehicles.

Dude. +1 for everything. Impressive.

penguincoder

Observer
I have a G63 that I take to Moab. It's amazing what they'll do. Mine is lifted using ORC springs and Radflo suspension. I also removed the side steps and side pipes. In addition, it makes about 750 HP compliments of Kleemann in CO Springs. This is my fourth G and they're by far my favorite vehicles.

What size are those Goodyear Wrangler tires? One of the biggest concerns I have with the AMG is the brake size, which limits your wheel selection, which in turn restricts your tire selection. Are you using LT-rated tires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior