Kinetic Strap Sizing

kf4zht

Been looking for a Kinetic recovery rope to have around, they have worked quite well a few times when I have been with friends that have them.

My Vehicles:
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK
1999 Ford F250 7.3L 2WD

The truck is most likely to get stuck, but it usually is not bad (typically in my front yard) and it doesn't go anywhere crazy due to being 2wd. It also has a 10k winch for pulling trees around and crap. The Jeep is what I normally take offroad.

I found a heck of a deal locally on a brand new Masterpull strap on CL for about half of retail price. The problem that I see is the weight rating of 52K lbs, having read that they don't work as well if oversized. Now finding what size is right seems to be difficult also.

Looking at Bubba Rope and Masterpull:
Bubba - 28,600 and listed for "4x4 trucks, Jeeps, and SUVs"
Big Bubba - 52,300 and listed for "full-size trucks and large SUVs"
Masterpull Super Yanker - 28,500 for "Mid Size SUV"
Masterpull Super Yanker - 33,500 for "Full Size Trucks"

The agreement seems to be there for the mid-size SUV market, but the full size disagrees greatly. Now I think going slightly up from the jeep one would be good since I will usually be loaded down when stuck, not an empty jeep.

What is the right sizing for these, and do you think I should pick this one up or keep looking?

unseenone

Explorer
I just ordered a 2nd Masterpull. They also offer a 10% discount for board members. I went with the 33,500 due to the fact things get abused, and it's always possible two F250's need to pull each other out.

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Go with double you're expected pull load. Add up your GVW plus your gear and then multiply it by 1.5 and that gets you your pull load.

I went with a 16K lb. strap for my Bronco.

Jackvz

How do you get the discount? Is this on the masterpull website?

I just ordered a 2nd Masterpull. They also offer a 10% discount for board members. I went with the 33,500 due to the fact things get abused, and it's always possible two F250's need to pull each other out.

unseenone

Explorer
I called Masterpull, and mentioned it is advertised here. They are a sponsor on the board. There was a time the masterpull user was active here, but not for quite some time. I snipped this from another post; Don't PM him though, I don't thing he's with the company anymore, I finally called and got assistant when my e-mail / pm was not answered.

Send email orders to sales@masterpull.com, or call 877-797-0202

PM or email me if you have any other questions!
daren@masterpull.com
Thanks,
Daren.

10% discount on Master-Pull Products

www.MasterPull.com
www.amsteelblue.com -Best prices on genuine Amsteel Blue and KERR ropes

Official Winch Line of W.E.Rock - Official Recovery Gear for the 2010 and 2011 Griffin King of the Hammers - Official Recovery Gear of Cal Neva Extreme - Official Recovery Gear of Area BFE

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles