Viking Offroad Going Out of Business?

riptilyaflip

Placed an order for synthetic winch line the other day, but received no order confirmation.
Viking Offraod has deleted their phone number from the website, and the email does not work.
Found 2 phone numbers for Thor; 1 was full and the other was for his business, Thor Motorsports, which I left a message.
Located 2 email addresses; 1 for Thor and 1 for his sister, who is supposedly dealing with orders. Have had no respose from either.
Found a phone number for Ultimate Trail Products, the new ditributor for Viking, and spoke with Mike, the owner.
It appears as though Viking is not doing well and UTP is slowly taking over.
I would recommend looking elsewhere for recovery products.
I'm am going to have to cancel payment and do the same.

fishEH

Explorer
Any update on this? I have their GS-9 winch and just have a simple question to ask. I sent a message through EBay to Viking. Should I just contact UTP?

Lecoq

Explorer
That's too bad. I'm running their winch line. It's a rough economy out there. :(

Is it still? I thought it was getting better. When you hear of companies like Shrockworks and BudBuilt taking 6 to 9 months to fill orders you'd think that a company like Viking would be sustainable. I've seen lots of smaller companies fail over the years and it's usually due to them spending too much. Wonder what happened in this case.

Last edited:

fishEH

Explorer
Anybody got a number for Viking or UTP or anybody who knows anything about their products?

fishEH

Explorer
I was able to get ahold of Thor today. Once I tracked him down he was very quick to return my phone call and emails. I got all my questions answered. I also let him know there is an issue with the Contact Form on Viking's site, it gave me the "oops something went wrong" message multiple times.

In regards to Viking going out of business this is what he had to say:
"Its definitely a rumor. I have made some necessary changes to continue growing the company and we are using a 3rd party warehouse distributor to ship our products. We will have a new phone number later this summer but for now we are using email communications."

zimm

Expedition Leader
I was able to get ahold of Thor today. Once I tracked him down he was very quick to return my phone call and emails. I got all my questions answered. I also let him know there is an issue with the Contact Form on Viking's site, it gave me the "oops something went wrong" message multiple times.

In regards to Viking going out of business this is what he had to say:
"Its definitely a rumor. I have made some necessary changes to continue growing the company and we are using a 3rd party warehouse distributor to ship our products. We will have a new phone number later this summer but for now we are using email communications."

im not saying it isnt true, but that some weird way to do business if it is.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
You can order from the Viking website. Thor is trying to make a real living again (architecture), but he does have a company fulfilling orders for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier