New guy with gen3 montero

jhill15

Explorer
Still popping, idk whats going on with it...I am going to put it up for sale here in the next few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Djbenny

Adventurer
Still popping, idk whats going on with it...I am going to put it up for sale here in the next few days.

Really? Aww... Not the Montero! I would try and clean the calipers really well with some brake cleaner. And it's not that difficult to re-lube the slides on the calipers. Some mechanic shops just slap pads in and do not re-lube. I love my mechanic because he always goes the extra distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
Its been a while since ive updated and I haven't really done anything to it except drive it. I cleaned the engine...and moved my sister-in-law
8a868e9b467eb915b167176dfcefe58d.jpg
c810123012761abb0e6d287362712b5d.jpg

Lol its pretty funny imagining what my rig must have looked like driving with a beat up mattress and dresser strapped to the trailer lol we laugh about because her roommate showed up with a 21ft uhaul and here we were in the montero lol. One trip...done! Lol

On a side note I have managed to work out any and all bugs and now I am confident it will sell for my asking price.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Thanks for all your insight and modifications. It's been great following you. I wanna see what your next vehicle is!

jhill15

Explorer
Thanks for all your insight and modifications. It's been great following you. I wanna see what your next vehicle is!

Thanks djbenny, you too man! Im looking at a 2008 xterra and a 2005 xterra offroad with a rear axle lock. Hopefully I can nab one of them up by the weekend.

jhill15

Explorer
Well thats it guys!
77bbaf3e1f0cf5a4709d7b473cc6384e.jpg
thats me waiving bye to it!

Thanks everyone for helping out with any questions that I had and helping me build this rig up!

jhill15

Explorer
Thought I would end this thread with a pic of my new rig. 2009 xterra, just picked it up today
772a4b97b37a5d3955c93205863f0d09.jpg

The Viper

Adventurer
Heh jhil, that looks beautiful! I love the black, very sleek

I sent you a PM about the flashing cdl problem you mentioned in your montero for sale post

jhill15

Explorer
Heh jhil, that looks beautiful! I love the black, very sleek

I sent you a PM about the flashing cdl problem you mentioned in your montero for sale post
Thanks viper, I just sent you one back.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Thought I would end this thread with a pic of my new rig. 2009 xterra, just picked it up today
772a4b97b37a5d3955c93205863f0d09.jpg

That won't last long if you plan on using it off road. They are extremely weak and problematic. Search front diff issues. Then there's the odd wiring / sensor issues.

Montero is overbuilt. Xterra under built. But it will make you appreciate your old Montero. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94