New guy with gen3 montero

jhill15

Explorer
Thats a valid point. Hids are amazing...but they have to be in the right setup with hid lenses and projectors. If not and especially with plastic lenses hids burn so hot that they could catch fire...I have never witnessed that im only going by what ive read online. Also they do spread light all over the place without projectors...however, they are freaking sweet! As long as you aim them down all should be ok as far as blinding people etc...

Djbenny

Adventurer
9yvusy2y.jpg

I polished mine at work, since it's a body shop. All we use is 3M rubbing compound and buff them with synthetic wool pad. If the headlights are really bad we use 2000 grit wet sand paper, then 3000 grit wet. Then polish and put wax to protect from sun. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
9yvusy2y.jpg

I polished mine at work, since it's a body shop. All we use is 3M rubbing compound and buff them with synthetic wool pad. If the headlights are really bad we use 2000 grit wet sand paper, then 3000 grit wet. Then polish and put wax to protect from sun. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice!!!!!

jhill15

Explorer
The wife and i had a chance to take the canoe out today. It was merky waters lol but we hit it up anyway. Heres some pics
y7azuhag.jpg
evymyze6.jpg

jhill15

Explorer
Thanks a bunch, im gonna bedline the rest of the trim but ive gotta wait a couple weeks.

Heres a pic of going through a mud hole while offroading the monty
se2y7u3y.jpg

jhill15

Explorer
I added a little bit of flare to my windows this weekend.
adupybe8.jpg
ta6aqare.jpg

Also I got a used but new to me horn set and put em in...No more DUCK CALL horn lol.

cnutco

Adventurer
Any kind of change is an upgrade compared to the Montero OEM horns.

I think I am going to try to record a sound clip of before and after.

jhill15

Explorer
That is true. Man I should have done a before and after so everyone could hear how my horn sounded like a duck call lol. I think I might capitalize on the duck call horn though, with all that duck dynasty stuff everywhere im seeing $$$ lol.

jhill15

Explorer
I won 2 sets of malone cross bars on ebay at a combined price of $75 shipped to my door and have saved over $200 from buying them anywhere else...score!! One set is 50 inches and the other is 58 inches. Ive had the 50inch set for about a month or so but just this past week won the other set. Here they are on my rig.
upe7u3e3.jpg
im building up to buy a platform and im torn between 2 a rhino rack mesh platform
2e5a7y6e.jpg
dyvyru8y.jpg
or the pioneer platform
ehusesy8.jpg

Has anyone used either one of these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94