New guy with gen3 montero

jhill15

Explorer
Must be common. The one in my '05 is blown as well. Waiting for warmer weather to buy and install the Polk above.
Me too, ive been waiting and collecting little small things to do until the weather gets nice. Thanksfully thats starting to happen.

cnutco

Adventurer
Yep, great upgrade! I replaced the OEM sub with a shallow mount Rockford Fosgate P3S4-8. Did the head unit at the same time. Now I need to do the remaining speakers and amp. Maybe one day!

9ac09b127e30d4322cd84204222ebabc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
Yep, great upgrade! I replaced the OEM sub with a shallow mount Rockford Fosgate P3S4-8. Did the head unit at the same time. Now I need to do the remaining speakers and amp. Maybe one day!

9ac09b127e30d4322cd84204222ebabc.jpg

Nice man!! I need to do the other speakers as well, but im gonna wait until they blow out of the doors lol.

jhill15

Explorer
Me too probably. I want those lockers first!

I would love some lockers, but unfortunately. ..my mods have come to a screeching hault today when I took my truck back to the dealer to find out why it was pulling to the right, and what the crud was in my coolant.

Diagnosis:
Alignment- most of my suspension parts are seized so its aligned as good as its going to be. So I swapped my spare with the right front with no change in it pulli g to the right. Brakes are fine and it drives good...but I better not let go of the wheel...

Coolant- more than likely stop leak or crud from the flush. Also found out my rear heater was bypassed prior to my ownership...which would explain why it doesnt work lol.

After swapping the spare and test driving it my ses light came on- p0155 o2 sensor.

So as of right now my feelings for this rig have dropped. Its time to just drive and have fun. Only repairs from this point lol.

jhill15

Explorer
Took my rig back to the place where I bought my tires and had them do an alignment on top of the dealers alignment.
0ee98d36403f902e7a417207c65d95ff.jpg

Still doesn't trek completely straight but alot better now.

clmrt

Adventurer
That's horsecrap. My dealer nailed it. Drives so much better than when we bought it...I can drive it with one thumb in bad weather where before it was white knuckle even in the dry.

jhill15

Explorer
That's horsecrap. My dealer nailed it. Drives so much better than when we bought it...I can drive it with one thumb in bad weather where before it was white knuckle even in the dry.
I feel like the dealer should have done a better job, two of the tires they said were seized the other place had no problem with em.
My dealer had a tough time. Blamed it on the OME lift.

god forbid those letters are ome instead of oem. It must be old mans fault lol.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Took my rig back to the place where I bought my tires and had them do an alignment on top of the dealers alignment.
0ee98d36403f902e7a417207c65d95ff.jpg

Still doesn't trek completely straight but alot better now.

Even with perfect alignment... Some tires have a tendency to drift. There's a fair bit of discussion on this from Toyota guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles