New guy with gen3 montero

Djbenny

Adventurer
Nice! Those came out good. I did mine as well, but mine were chrome, as I have an earlier gen 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
This came in the mail today, I scored it off ebay for $20 it looks almost although the pages kind of smell like moth balls lol..
33a3814f545cb1e58630371d589216e7.jpg

I don't know what people do with manuals or how they get lost...its beyond me.

Djbenny

Adventurer
They seem like they are doing really well. I've had it on for a month now. No issues. Yet ha ha.

Those look like they would be stuck over the handles. I don't know where else you'd put them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
I wanted to add to my recovery gear so I ordered some maxsa innovations traction mats.
588c569292be24c8b6877b6aaa3b02cf.jpg

Im a little disappointed in the quality of them in person. The pictures online make them look like they are double sided...they are not. They look cheap but were a fraction of the cost of maxtrax...now I know why. I guess onlu time will tell if they will hold up.

FullMonte

Adventurer
I bought some smittybilt traction pads, but that was a mistake. They broke when trying to recover myself from snow. I would just invest in maxtraxx.

kins18q

Adventurer
Montero advice

I am looking to buy a Gen III for my girlfriend an myself to live out of and travel around the Americas. I found a 2003 Limited 88k miles listed for 7950. Seems to be in excellent mechanical condition but shows signs of wear inside and out, but still good condition. Seller doesn't want o budge below 7500. KBB says 7000 if its in Pristine condition...Edmunds says 6300...Is 7500 reasonable? Do these all sell well over appraised value? Thanks in advance for any replies!

jhill15

Explorer
I am looking to buy a Gen III for my girlfriend an myself to live out of and travel around the Americas. I found a 2003 Limited 88k miles listed for 7950. Seems to be in excellent mechanical condition but shows signs of wear inside and out, but still good condition. Seller doesn't want o budge below 7500. KBB says 7000 if its in Pristine condition...Edmunds says 6300...Is 7500 reasonable? Do these all sell well over appraised value? Thanks in advance for any replies!
I think it depends on how much you would have to put into it to make it up to par for long travel. If its already had the timing belt and all other maintenance done at its scheduled time, has a good set of all-terrain tires, and doesn't need anything major then $7500 wouldn't be too bad of a price for that many miles it has on it. These rigs in great condition are getting harder and harder to find. I paid $5k for my rig and it had 157k on it, I have thrown at least $3k into it over the last year. I kick myself in the ***** everytime I think about how I took someones neglected truck off their hands, when what I should have done waited for the right truck to come my way and pay a little more for it. Now granted all the money I've dumped into it I have a pretty solid rig. I also wish I had known how active the mitsu community was on this forum before it bought it...cause I probably would have kept looking, there is a lot if great info on here and a lot of knowledgeable people who are pretty quick to get back with anything they can help out with. So I think your on the right track, I have a suggestion, and it would be to find a few monteros in and around your area then drive as many as you can before you decide on the $7500 low mile one.

Hope any of this helps!

montypower

Adventure Time!
I bought some smittybilt traction pads, but that was a mistake. They broke when trying to recover myself from snow. I would just invest in maxtraxx.

We did testing on several brands. All of them broke, split, cracked... Maxtraxx for the win. Actually work great for rock crawling too.

jhill15

Explorer
Don't remember. There are only a few manufacturers and tons of rebranded ones...
Thanks montypower. I know now why they were so cheap. I will give em a shot and see how they work. The good news is I bought them from walmart so if they break I will just return them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier