Ultra Mobile: Unlimited free calls and texts to many foreign countries

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's another option if you call overseas regularly.

Ultra Mobile offers cell phone subscribers in USA the ability to place unlimited calls or texts from USA to 40 foreign countries at no additional charge beyond your monthly plan. Phone numbers in an additional 45 countries can be called using your plan minutes. Of course, calls from USA to another USA number are free as well. One nice feature is that you place calls simply by dialing the international number. No entering PIN numbers or extra steps.

Texting to any global number is included in the plan.

Here's the Ultra Mobile web site http://ultra.me/ I found the web site hard to navigate to find all the information I needed.

One significant limitation of Ultra Mobile is that, with some exceptions, you can't connect to mobile phones in foreign countries. Land lines only. Texting reaches mobile phones, of course.

A basic plan costs $29 a month, including the unlimited free calls to 40 countries, 1000 minutes to use to call 45 additional countries, unlimited texting, and 500 MB of 4G data. $10 buys an additional 1GB of 4G data.

Heavy data users might like the $39 a month plan, which includes unlimited 3G data. Not intended for video streaming, but sufficient for typical web browsing, email and similar activities.

Ultra Mobile service is available on phones that are designed to work with ATT and T-Mobile in USA. Ultra Mobile sells SIM cards for these phones. You can order online, or by visiting an Ultra Mobile reseller (usually an independent cell phone company) in your area.

Ultra Mobile offers a service called Call Me Free. The service has local numbers in 125+ major international cities in 44 countries. Your friends in those cities call the local number, then enter your Ultra Mobile number back in USA to complete the call. Result: The call is free to both parties. Call Me Free numbers are most widely available in Canada and Mexico, but they are found in 40 other countries, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior