TIRES: Compare BFGoodrich Mud Terrain VS ******** Cepek Mud Country

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Does anyone here have experience with both of these tires? The price is basically the same as are the specs. I'm looking for real world use feedback. Thanks!

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Real world feedback tells me that a special order tire like the Cepek line that is unavailable in most areas would suck to need a replacement and wait 3 days for it to arrive. I have used nothing but BFG tires since 1999 on my off-road rigs and never had a tire fail on me, so save yourself some grief and buy a tire with a solid reputation and are available about anywhere on the planet.

But if you need to read more, here you go https://www.google.com/search?q=BFG...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Yeah, I know how to do an internet search and have read several. I'm looking for feedback from people I have at least some connection to.

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Sorry Kirk, no real world experience with both. IIRC Overland Journal recently did a tire comparison and most tires came out on top versus the BFG AT (yes I know you're looking at the MT's). So that said, I wouldn't doubt other tires may come out on top of the BFG MT KM2's as well since many manufacturers have been aggressively updating their tread designs and rubber compounds.

My only caution & #1 is the wear expectancy since tire prices have only gone up in recent years. It's one reason I've stuck with BFG MT's as I'd really rather not spend $1000-1200 every 1-2 years. On average the BFG's have lasted me a minimum of 40-50k miles (in my case that's 3-4 years worth of driving) while still having trail capable tread. HTH's.

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Thanks. The DCs are a few dollars cheaper and a bit narrower, both are plusses for me.

Sorry Kirk, no real world experience with both. IIRC Overland Journal recently did a tire comparison and most tires came out on top versus the BFG AT (yes I know you're looking at the MT's). So that said, I wouldn't doubt other tires may come out on top of the BFG MT KM2's as well since many manufacturers have been aggressively updating their tread designs and rubber compounds.

My only caution & #1 is the wear expectancy since tire prices have only gone up in recent years. It's one reason I've stuck with BFG MT's as I'd really rather not spend $1000-1200 every 1-2 years. On average the BFG's have lasted me a minimum of 40-50k miles (in my case that's 3-4 years worth of driving) while still having trail capable tread. HTH's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles