Need opinions, WK vs Truck?

bustacrab

OP says nothing about what you plan an using the vehicle for.
If you like to adventure I would keep the Jeep- I found my WK to be infinitely better than any pickup I have owned off-road. It could tow my boat without breaking a sweat (this had the 4.7L mercedes leftover engine, not the old 4.7).
But now that I am more "settled" in life I find that I need the truck for things like: yard work, house maintenance, carrying motorcycles, towing more boats, hauling more lumber, blah blah blah.
This question is WAY to vague to get a useful answer, IMHO. give us more info and you will get a more pointed answer. :)

cheers!
Well, here's the deal. I'm leaving my house behind to renters and moving into base housing at Miramar. I really don't need all of the capabilities of the truck and won't for a long time as I plan to stay with base housing until I retire in 10 years. The WK is slightly better on gas than my truck. I want to get back into camping and hiking with possible off roading. Both vehicles are equally suited for those activities. 95% of the time it's just me in the vehicle on road to and from work and school. I have two kids and the f150 has half doors and a small back seat but is workable. My f150 already has a an Edge programmer, exhaust, and intake kit as well as a big tool box. The Jeep is completely stock.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Well, here's the deal. I'm leaving my house behind to renters and moving into base housing at Miramar. I really don't need all of the capabilities of the truck and won't for a long time as I plan to stay with base housing until I retire in 10 years. The WK is slightly better on gas than my truck. I want to get back into camping and hiking with possible off roading. Both vehicles are equally suited for those activities. 95% of the time it's just me in the vehicle on road to and from work and school. I have two kids and the f150 has half doors and a small back seat but is workable. My f150 already has a an Edge programmer, exhaust, and intake kit as well as a big tool box. The Jeep is completely stock.

Based on this, I say keep the Jeep.

surlydiesel

Adventurer
I missed the part about kids. You need "normal" back doors for extra passengers. So against my desire to stick with the truck, keep the Jeep. Or, as was said above, sell em both and get a quad cab f-150.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I missed the part about kids. You need "normal" back doors for extra passengers. So against my desire to stick with the truck, keep the Jeep. Or, as was said above, sell em both and get a quad cab f-150.
Super cabs work fine for a family, its what I have. My parents only had a super cab when I was growing up and they didn't even have suicide doors

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
A newer supercab or crewcab F150 is great for towing smaller 19' single axle trailers and boats. Something the Jeep will struggle to do (safely). And the F150 can haul 1 bike at the same time. But it's key to add 2500 pound air springs to keep the truck level and the ride smooth. But I could say the same thing about all trucks.

I can't tell you what to do, only what I'd do. I'm always going to go big whenever a trailer is involved.

Bikemobile

Adventurer
OP says nothing about what you plan an using the vehicle for.
If you like to adventure I would keep the Jeep- I found my WK to be infinitely better than any pickup I have owned off-road. It could tow my boat without breaking a sweat (this had the 4.7L mercedes leftover engine, not the old 4.7).
But now that I am more "settled" in life I find that I need the truck for things like: yard work, house maintenance, carrying motorcycles, towing more boats, hauling more lumber, blah blah blah.
This question is WAY to vague to get a useful answer, IMHO. give us more info and you will get a more pointed answer. :)

cheers!

Jeep used the power tech 4.7 v8 and the 2nd gen version of the same engine. They never used a Mercedes v8. The engine was revised for 2008.

"The 2008 Dodge Dakota and Ram pickup trucks, Dodge Durango and Chrysler Aspen SUV's, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Jeep Commander came with a Corsair version of the FFV 4.7 L engine, with dual spark plugs per cylinder, a new slant / squish combustion system design, and 9.8:1 compression, raising power to 290–310 hp (220–230 kW) and 320–334 lb·ft (434–453 N·m) of torque. See Allpar's page on the latest 4.7 L."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online