Summer trip around lake county oregon

Paddy

Adventurer
Just returned from a tour of lake co oregon which took us over 1450 miles though some of the most remote areas in northwestern USA. The region is a vast desert area with forests on mountains and large "lakes" which aren't really lakes anymore, mostly dried up flat lands with swampy areas on one end. These lakes are a dying ecosystem in transition to something else. They provide for us a source of summer Thermals and heat from which to fly our paragliders and gain elevation using winds and air currents. Unfortunately in this trip the flying was not great, but we had fun doing other stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 53

Paddy

Adventurer
Adjusted mpg on the trip was 21.6, which I'm happy with given a touring weight of 4650 lbs and many trips up mountains to launch and climbing the rim to crater lake (8200') and also lots of wheeling to find secluded camp sites and exploring old logging roads. We also discovered a sweet hot springs with pools ranging from cool to advanced user. It was a great way to unwind from the road. I also discovered my mapping soft on my iPhone was not ideal, as it's great detail was a complete lie many times, showing roads where roads obviously never were.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 48

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Thanks for sharing. Paragliding always looks like so much fun.

The Single Cab looks great. The milage is good, is your a 4 or V6?

Paddy

Adventurer
It's a 4cyl. Honestly the mpg aren't that great but I'll take it because I have to. Interestingly the freeway mpg has dropped to somewhere around 18, and here is a pronounced flat spot in the rev band around 70 mph so keeping under 60 might be key. I blame new fangled fuels. In fact I want to do a mpg study between regular with ethanol, super with ethanol, and super without ethanol and see what happens, if anything. It's a strong enough engine, but i try to keep the expectations realistic. I came from a suzuki so it feels sporty, almost.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles