Brakes

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I need to replace my front pads and rotors on my 05 f150. I have never done brakes before. Trying to do more on my truck. Is this difficult?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
2wd or 4wd? There are many videos on youtube that show how it's done. I'm not familiar with your truck but brakes are a common maintenance item so it's normally not difficult.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
If it is 4WD it is easy just go to YouTube and look it up. As long as nothing is seized you can do it in like an hour. Go to Rock auto and order your parts. Good luck

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
2005?

I'd get a complete set of Raybestos loaded calipers from Autozone and some Wagner rotors from Advanced. There's a good chance those pistons and seals are going to be sticky when you push them back in.

SnowedIn

Observer
Replacing the calipers as well usually isn't really any more difficult than the pads, though they may want to make sure they have a 2nd person to help bleed the brakes.

Also, jeepmedic46 - I see your location says Mass. If you don't have a can of PB blaster on hand, you may want to get one before starting this sort of work. A breaker bar would be very helpful as well, assuming you don't have one or an impact wrench.

155mm

Adventurer
Another helpful hint is to turn the steering wheel to give you more room to get the breaker bar in

clandr1

Adventurer
YouTube is how I learned to do about 70% of the maintenance on any vehicle I've ever wrenched on. Internet forums account for the other 30% I couldn't find on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94