FujiFilm XT-1: Ultimate Travel Camera?

Honu

lost on the mainland
the D810 seems like some nice updates sounds like shipments are coming in to which is nice for sure

downscaling helps for sure with the noise issue but the D4s and 1DX have a solid stop on it and you can not gain that much back with downscaling ? but its good enough does not matter if a touch of noise is getting in the way the image was not strong enough anyway noise never bugged us in film days so much as it does now ? if noise was a issue why all the BW grain look actions filters :)

I would still say get the Fuji and add it to your kit not try to replace at this point only a few have made the complete jump I know most for sure are doing both :)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
For tavel photography I don't think anything can beat Fuji for their photo processing. The photos that come from Fuji camera are the most vibrant for travel photography.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
For tavel photography I don't think anything can beat Fuji for their photo processing. The photos that come from Fuji camera are the most vibrant for travel photography.

That only really applies to jpgs though. If you're shooting raw, which I would assume many if not most shooters who are using the xt-1 are, colours out of it or any camera for that matter can be made to match.

kojackJKU

probably so, but I like the fact that I don't have to make my photos look like them. They are right out of the camera, I never shoot raw, I never see the need. Hell, I hardly do any PP anymore. The photos from my Fuji's are awesome from the camera.

sickchilly

Observer
After going through a Fuji X100, X20 and X-Pro1, I sold all my Nikon DSLR gear (both bodies and 5 "pro" lenses) plus some other things like flashes what went with them and bought more lenses for my X-Pro1, then pocketed the rest. I intended to buy the XT-1, but I'm kind of partial to the X-Pro1's hybrid viewfinder so I'm holding out for an X-Pro2.

I love the color, contrast, and dynamic range that comes out of the Fuji cameras. I shoot RAW and use the Lightroom develop presets then tweak from there. The switch caused my kit size to drop by half with regards to both weight and volume. I've found zero reason to look back. Well, I do miss my SB-900 and 800 flash guns just a bit. ;)

I've rented an X-T1 for a few weeks at a time, and if the electronic viewfinder doesn't put you off, I don't think you could go wrong with it for all but the fastest action and demanding sports photography. Fuji's lens selection is still lacking a bit when it comes to a pro-level zoom, but I've been getting by just fine with the 55-200. My kit also has the 10-24, 23 and 56 primes. I also carry a 1954 Leica IIIf with various types of color and B&W film for fun.

kojackJKU

Oh yeah. I LOVE FUJI. The x-t1 is awesome. I like the fact that with the x-s1 there are no lenses to muck about, and I get the range for wildlife shots that I need while out traveling. Likewise for my x10. Toss it in my pocket and have great lens range and image quality for walking around cities and towns and just around the campsites etc with my family. Two cameras, small kit, big results.

On the flipside, if you want a super long Fuji lens/camera combo you can get the s5 pro body and get a Nikon zoom lens or something like the sigma bigma and have the Fuji photo look with LONG LONG RANGE. But not as long as I can reach with the x-s1. But some people just think because you can or can't take lenses off makes a camera awesome or crap. Misconceptions all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz