"Uh-Huh" Trail Teams FJ

sgdisco2

Adventurer
About a month ago I was watched "AEV Brute" on the History Channel- http://www.aev-conversions.com/news/item/330-aev-top-gear-usa-june-10-2014-history-channel-

IMG_4839.jpg

A brute would be a dream come true, but I have the hardest time buying a Jeep... I am Cruiser loyal I guess. Not to mention I could never afford a Brute- Let's just get that out there.

Anyway the Documentary was an expedition style trip through Arizona backcountry - fording rivers, climbing rocky terrain, and blasting through the sand washes of the unforgiving southwestern US. The three vehicles used were the brute, Land Rover LR4, and the ultimate edition FJ. I was so impressed with the FJ and it was in my budget, not to mention this is the last year of production. So I went out and bought one, I knew I wanted a Trail Team I just didn't know which color to get. I decide on a 2013 TT in Cement Grey.

I've titled my Build "Uh-Huh" because when I asked my wife if I could get an FJ she said "Uh-huh". Now when I talk about mods I want I get the same answer.

Mods to date-

OME Lift
ARB Bumper

Planned Mods-

ARB bumper lights
Baja Rack Utility Rack
Upgraded Stereo- it's so poor, plus the car rattles.
285/75/16 Duratracs
Roof Top Tent- Hard Shell, maybe CVT new ones.
LR UCAs
Storage Drawer

We will see how it goes, feel free to chime in with thoughts, etc.... I am new to this style of vehical and can use all the help I can get.

IMG_1721.jpg

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Congrats! Love the color, I have had my fj for the last 4 or 5 months and love it. I added the toytech boss lift with OME shocks in the back and am pining over what bumper to get at this time. How did the bumper change the ride? softer? Post some flexy pics. :elkgrin:

a4ehyduz.jpg
y2uty2yp.jpg

sent from deez nutz

Last edited:

sgdisco2

Adventurer
Love the KM2 tires... I will be moving to Northern Utah so I'm planning on going with a better snow tire. But the KM2 Was my first choice.

I love the ARB bumper, looks great... As far as the ride, it drives great.

sgdisco2

Adventurer
GOT THE DURATRACS INSTALLED AND PLASTI-DIPPED THE SS RINGS....DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Also ordered the arb lights and got them installed.
DSC_0243.jpg

On a side note, does anyone know what this is on my ARB bumper and how I can get it off? Its some sort of stain, professional detailers have tried but can't.
DSC_0246.jpg

prerunner221

Adventurer
That's weird about the stain. I got mine a few months back and it is a regular looking semi gloss. I would contact ARB and let them figure it out. The powder coat may be bad. Great color by the way. If I was able to purchase new that is the color I wanted.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
GOT THE DURATRACS INSTALLED AND PLASTI-DIPPED THE SS RINGS....View attachment 235484

View attachment 235485

View attachment 235486

Also ordered the arb lights and got them installed.
View attachment 235487

On a side note, does anyone know what this is on my ARB bumper and how I can get it off? Its some sort of stain, professional detailers have tried but can't.
View attachment 235488

My ARB bumper had that look from new when I bought it in 2010...I tried to polish it out but found that dust is the best coverup:)

saltybob

good looking truck. I like the cement/blacked out look. Plasti dip the rear emblems. X2 about checking fjcruiserforum. It turns an expensive toy into a extremely expensive toy. lol

skrillah

Adventurer
Congrats! Love the color, I have had my fj for the last 4 or 5 months and love it. I added the toytech boss lift with OME shocks in the back and am pining over what bumper to get at this time. How did the bumper change the ride? softer? Post some flexy pics. :elkgrin:

a4ehyduz.jpg
y2uty2yp.jpg

sent from deez nutz

How do you like the Toytec lift??? Are those stock tires? Any flat ground pics?

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
To be honest you really won't need much to get to some very cool/interesting places. When my truck was still stock I did quite a bit. All over Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Utah, and the San Juans in Colorado.

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
uploadfromtaptalk1405784207676.jpg
Love the lift, these are stock sized tires. Amazing lift for the trail, if you like bombing down gravel roads go for Icon, however for the average guy the toytec BOSS setup is perfect. Best bang for the buck around.

sent from deez nutz

da10A

Adventurer
Awesome truck and build. Owned jeeps for some 25 years and after selling my last TJ, I ventured towards Land Rover D2 and then the Volvo XC90.

This time around, I was leaning towards the FJ trail team edition. Wife and daughter didn't like the practicality with a rear passenger, and absolutely wanted me to get a 4 door jeep. I was lucky enough to at least score a rubicon 10th anniversary in triple anvil and red leather.

But although there's a rivality between those two models, I am beyond that and still think the fj cruiser is an awesome ride.

Congrats.

eqy9ary5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles