Manley ORV Original

Dennx

Adventurer
What a great trailer. I've always liked the Manley models. I like the versatility the soft tonneau offers. I originally liked the hard cover and roof tent mount model, but the tonneau has me thinking again. Enjoy your new trailer!

In all my research of the Manley trailers I didn't find too many photos that showed the running ground clearance and track width of the trailer, especially as opposed to a stock Jeep JK. So here's a few.

As you can see, with the Torflex axle, the trailer has more running ground clearance than my Jeep, even though the trailer is on 29" Yokohama's and the Jeep is on 32's. In the top photo you can see the differential housing and gas tank on the Jeep peeking out just below the beam of the trailer axle.

14856878225_a011e1567f_z.jpg

14853827201_cc3ac9bc13_z.jpg

14856552862_1e51a0d3e2_z.jpg

Of course, being at the beach I had to rent some standing paddleboards. So off come the tonneau and Yakima gear, which is a one-man operation taking about a minute...

14876786083_c57f0dd148_z.jpg

...and on they go! Off to the waves! :sombrero:

14853821331_b5fc78cfb2_z.jpg

Maxcustody

Explorer
Awesome trailer and great pictures. Thanks for all the feedback and info. I love these trailers so much, I bought one and driving to Ohio on the 17th to pick it up. Here is a pic of the version I am getting. Pretty much identical with the spare as well.......

56659805735f89db37340570e5c9e233.jpg
a304f1031d2d84bc02d8a9c2c85a452d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is awesome, you are going to love it! Only problem with mine is that I can't find more time to be out driving it around more!

I am working on a more permanent spare mount for mine, maybe will post up in a couple weeks about that after I get it finished.

Also thinking about picking up a Yakima Megawarrior rack basket for it, so I can load gear above my soft tonneau when necessary.

Also trying to decide between a pintle and lunette or a max-coupler for my off road hitch. I may also bedline the tub interior with Monstaliner this fall or in the spring.

Maxcustody

Explorer
I talked to Josh today and am going with the Max coupler. Looking forward to seeing your spare mod!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dstock

Explorer
I'm really liking these trailers. I've pm'd Josh a couple times with questions and he's been really quick to respond with answers, photos, etc. I'd almost buy one on based on his customer service alone!
My only wish is that they would offer an elevating rack to better be able to use my the annex on my RTT. The annex is still useable with the 5 foot height on the Explore, but another foot would be perfect. Still seems like a very good quality base to start with, can already visualize some mods I would like to do. Couple of crossbars between the uprights on the RTT rack to mount Rotopax and Maxtraxx.

Have a feeling I will be ordering one in the spring....

Last edited:

Maxcustody

Explorer
I am impressed as well with his customer service and attention to detail. Owners and companies such as his are a dying breed!!!!!

I recently got a DeeZee trailer tongue box and mounted it up. I looked at a lot of the aluminum boxes and also the HF steel box, but landed on this one because it was very light weight and the largest box by volume that I could fit on the tongue deck. It fits all of my straps and trailer gear, and is even big enough to fit ALL of my Yakima gear for the rack, including all of my kayak J-racks. It is plastic, but plenty strong as mounted with 4 bolts through the deck, I can nearly lift the front of the trailer up by the sides of the box.

Of course, with the tongue deck full, now I needed to be able to put my trailer spare somewhere. I had Manley send me their hitch mounted tire carrier, and it is awesome. When I need to use my bike rack in the hitch, I'll just strap the spare in the back of my Jeep or in the trailer, but the rest of the time this mount will work perfectly. It does not add much weight to the spare, so it is easy to take on and off of the trailer.

:luxhello:

15656114372_197778f03f_z.jpg
15468699259_61def1387b_z.jpg
15655311655_ab78998a00_z.jpg
15469751640_b443112352_z.jpg
15631603056_1bf88edcfe_z.jpg
15469752480_46c3e16156_z.jpg
15469203268_5dee8a561a_z.jpg
15631583526_0e84566372_z.jpg

Next up, I got another set of Yakima raingutter brackets that I am going to mount further back on the tub, so that I have another location to put one of the rack bars, for some flexibility in how I can set up the rack. After that, I think I am going to bedline the tub, and also figure out how to mount an awning to my Yakima bars. :camping:

rlynch356

Defyota
Could a fridge on a slide fit in there? (something like a NL 50 or ARB 50 - i was looking at these but need to figure out the fridge and water systems.
looks nice

The tub height is 19", so I don't think something like the ARB 50 will fit under the tonneau. It is possible it may fit with their hard aluminum cover. However, you should email or call Manley as I'm sure Josh may have some idea, or a customer who may have tried to do something similar.

Finally got around to adding another set of Yakima raingutter brackets at the back of the tub. The brackets at the front and the middle are spaced exactly 36" apart which is the spacing that accommodates the widest range of Yakima gear. I put the other set at the back for more stability when carrying my boats so the mounts could be spaced further apart on the canoe and kayaks.

I have another set of 1A towers and a 66" crossbar on the way so there will be 3 bars mounted across. This will allow me to run the bike mounts on the front 2 bars and the kayak and canoe mounts on the front and rear bars, all at the same time. Will also allow me to shift the weight of the stuff on the rack by mounting it differently, if the weight distribution of the things in the tub are not ideal at the time.

15827402560_7a4f4851e1_z.jpg

16014658935_14842dd622_z.jpg

15392406114_c004e1d52b_z.jpg

Next up I think its time to start looking for an awning and also bedline the tub when it warms up in the spring...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste