Lerch's R50 Chilkoot

Lerch641

No, it required some form of bar. I used the stock bars and trimmed the basket mounts to get it a little lower.

It's only about 2" of space between the roof and the basket, which is fine because I often come home with branches stuck up there.

Lerch641

It's been a busy day today. So first, my fifth wheel finally arrived! :)
20140731_172728-1_zpsvbvupr9k.jpg

Strapped in place, not too hard to get out so I think I'll stick with this setup. Then I picked up my Warn hubs in the mail.
2014-07-31%2023.15.42_zpskerfsghw.jpg

Holy hell it was a pain in the *** getting the old studs out! Didn't help that I was being eaten alive by damn mosquitos when I got to the drivers side. Repacked the grease for both sides and got it done, and then drove fast to flush out all the bugs.

Lerch641

The "braces" that held my old spare in place forced this one to hang lower than I'd like, but it can be done. Mind you, if I had a tow hitch it might not fit.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Great call on the manual hubs, I think a necessary addition for any vehicle that doesnt have them or auto lockers

bushnut

Adventurer
I'm on the snorkel thing too...just picked all kinds of pieces at the JK...gonna connect them along with some PVC...though I'm not going to go all the way to the roof line...you'll see.

Coming along nicely. I think I'll be getting some manual hubs too. Snorkel should be interesting to see as I imagine it will be a home made one?

marty1977

Adventurer
Im also looking forward to snorkel build as it would be nice to have one :) and manual hubs like many said are almost a must thing. Recently I repack my bearings and the wheels wore turning so nicely and free when it was not connected to shafts, it was then that I notice how much difference it makes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94