Clipless Pedals

Flagster

Expedition Leader
People who ride SPDs are like jeep owners...cant admit there are better trucks out there...might be more costly but better

LR Max

Local Oaf
I've got SPDs on the mtn bike, Shimano 105 road pedals on the road bike, then flat tops on the belt drive (Belt drive is the grocery getter, etc).

I just picked up an old road bike for general shenanigans, probably going to run campus pedals. For those who aren't aware, this pedal has SPDs on one side and flat tops on the other:

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product2_10052_10551_1033468_-1

Good compromise pedal for a general use bike.

reachdean

Observer
fixed it for ya!

I hate to break it to you, but having worked in a shop for 7 years and as a tour mechanic in Africa, I've seen plenty of broken SPDs. You may never have broken them, just as I have never broken egg beaters, but the fact is everything breaks. I'd rather have something that can more easily be repaired when damage occurs.

Last edited:

gabepari

Explorer
Worked in a shop as well, was a race mechanic for a while too... Never been to Africa though.

Still riding my 23 year old Yo Eddy!

clift_d

Love my Time Atac Alium pedals - plenty of float so it's not so hard on your knees plus they're pretty crud resistant. They've also made a combination clipless / flat pedal that you can put on a bike that you might want to ride either way.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Weird, I drive a Toyota...

Haha:) me too
Guess we will have to settle the ultimate pedal showdown in another way:ylsmoke:
I guess I should admit that I still have some SPDs on my Yeti Sherpa vintage 1995...cause thats the way it came am I didn't want to change any parts...don't ride her anymore though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94