Bump stops recommenxation

cr500taco

Adventurer
I lifted my truck (97 Tacoma 4WD) 2.5" in front and 2" in the rear with 10" shocks in the rear. I need to measure the shock compressed length for the correct height bump stop, but just wondering which bump stops you recommended. I was looking into the Timbrens and the Wheelers Superbumps. My truck is a DD/weekend warrior. So it only really has weight in the bed on the weekends.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Personally I like the rubber type, The solid polyurethane ones are to abrupt for my likes. The tall honeycomb designed polyurethane ones aren't much better because they have to be so tall to have the cushioning affect, they work best if you jump your truck or have very abrupt bottoming conditions.

You might be going at this a bit backwards. First you build the suspension you want then place the bump-stops to prevent damage to the springs or axle/spring contact with other objects. Then you measure the suspension travel at the proposed shock mount points under FULL articulation then you get the shocks longer than the travel and make the mounts to accommodate the shocks.

Darrell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior