treadwright guard dogs

hansrober

Adventurer
I have about 40k on my Treadwrights. They are great for the money. If they keep the prices down I will buy another four. No horror stories here, just a good experience!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Personally have no experience, but my life and my familys life is worth way more than re-treads. Rubbers are a one time use deal.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well I know people who have run them for years, more than one set of course on their daily driver pick up truck to their beater 4wd and no complaints. I will be doing them for my next set I am going to buy 5 and shortly after buy 2 more. I also know of quite a few people here in the Northeast that run them and they like them year around.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
So why are you buying 3 extra? Is it an insurance policy against the 4 on the road? I am just curious, hope they work out great for you.
Well I know people who have run them for years, more than one set of course on their daily driver pick up truck to their beater 4wd and no complaints. I will be doing them for my next set I am going to buy 5 and shortly after buy 2 more. I also know of quite a few people here in the Northeast that run them and they like them year around.

paranoid56

Adventurer
Personally have no experience, but my life and my familys life is worth way more than re-treads. Rubbers are a one time use deal.

yep, spoken like somebody that has no idea lol. its funny, i have had more tire failures with non retreads then i have with retreads.
waiting for my current set to die (at 21k miles) so i can pick up another set but something in the 33x10.5size

oatesequine

I've ran them for 2 years, had one get lumpy with a separated belt called them up had a new one pretty quick.
Are they wearing out faster then I thought absolutely not 30th on them give or take and gonna keep them all winter for sure

Wolvee

Adventurer
I had a set of 35's. They are good tires with lower noise. I had them on all last winter (10k miles) and they were very capable exploring Sault Ste Marie and the rest of Michigans upper peninsula with no lift on my F150.

I chose not to put them back on only because I'll be happier with a lighter 33" tire and a friend was down & out and couldn't afford tires for his family transportation; So I gave them to him. They are also a great option for regular road tires with good wear. There are much better tires out there but if cost has to be a deciding factor for a budget build & trip there are worse tires to buy. There's always a possibility they do great or you destroy them and possibly spend even more money than you would have if you had just went with a standard brand tire.

I read someone comparing their retreads to all the blown up tractor trailer tires on the Hwy but while the process is the same, they are very much different and probably shouldn't be used in comparison.

I am no expert but thought I'd give my experience with one set. ..of course YMWV.

paranoid56

Adventurer
I read someone comparing their retreads to all the blown up tractor trailer tires on the Hwy but while the process is the same, they are very much different and probably shouldn't be used in comparison.

yep, there used to be many issues with that back in the 70s/80s but things have changed. and now when you see those blown tractor tires, its 90% a issue with under inflation and not a retread issue.

Hoodboogie

I received my 265/75-16 Wardens about 2 weeks ago. They have been nothing but trouble since but Treadwright has been A+ at dealing with everything so far. Couldn't get any to balance out with less than 8 ounces at first shop and had 1 that was out of round (Although they claim that's just about impossible). Did a warranty claim (I will say this was seamless and top notch!) and received a replacement tire in 3 days! Finally got a chance to get it mounted today and also rebalanced the tires (using Static method for the 2nd time). As I was rolling the tire to the truck I noticed it had a hop so I ran my hand across and every 3 or so inches it has a noticeable flat spot. What irks me is this is twice now that I have had an out of round tread. So I pulled the other 3 back out and checked them. Each one of them has some type of defect in the tread. Called them again today and apparently they are moving their offices to Texas and no phones are hooked up. So I have to wait until Monday to even get anything started....

I knew what I was getting into when purchasing these for a daily driver. I purchased the truck recently and had bald tires so I needed something that could get me by until I put a lift on and armor around April next year. Unfortunately I am ready to just buy a new set of Duratrac's and call it a day. While customer service has been top notch so far I can't recommend to anyone for a daily driver. I think they would be great for trail only tires that see minimal road usage.

S

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Your very welcome. its the truth. I would never run a tire that has the tread remanufactured on to a side wall that already has x number of miles on them. that's a double edged sword for disaster on a daily driver. Its ok to use them for a rig that is built just for going slow up in the bush, but I would never trust a retread tire to my family's safety on the road.

jeepj667

Observer
We put retreads on all our LLV postal trucks and I've never seen or heard of a problem that was due to the retread.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Heavy trucks use retreads because they have redundancy. 18 wheels, one blows no problem. 4 wheels, one blows big problem. I know and do work for many long haul truckers who have said that if they never had backup (18 wheels), they would never use them, and they never put retreads on the front. These guys make my mileage numbers look like small fry. I have over 1,000,000 miles under my *** because of work, but they do that in 1/4 of the time that I did. But they know (as do I) about how much weaker retreads are and are not "made" to the same exacting standards as new tires for roundness and balanceing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94