Nitto Exo Grappler AWT

Slicky72

Adventurer
^ I will echo this. I had the Toyo AT IIs on my Xterra in a 285/75/16 load range E , I adjusted tire pressure to suit my taste and those babies rode like a dream.

Fargo

Adventurer
I'm running Toyo AT IIs in 285/75-17 on my JKUR and they are awesome. Load range E is no problem. I run them at 28 psi for daily driving instead of the 37 psi for the stock BFG MTs. The E is no biggie and with a year and 20k on them they still look brand new!

Thats interesting. I am currently running load range D Cooper STTs on my Jeep at about 26lbs and they still feel a bit stiff. But I might be stuck with an E since I really want to go with a 255/5R16 for my next tire.

Slicky72

Adventurer
Thats interesting. I am currently running load range D Cooper STTs on my Jeep at about 26lbs and they still feel a bit stiff. But I might be stuck with an E since I really want to go with a 255/5R16 for my next tire.

I ran c rated STTs on my Xterra and I felt they road a bit harsher than the e rated Toyos I replaced them with . Those Coopers have a very stout carcass , I did really like them though .

Halligan

Adventurer
Funny, I recently started a thread that's almost a word for word as the OP on this tire. It appears that nobody is running them yet. My Toyo A/T II's are going to need replacing before next winter and I'm wondering about the Nitto. I love the A/T II's and will probably go with them again but if the Nitto is a better winter tire I may consider it.

zidaro

Explorer
OK, time for a couple real-time reviews. who's got em and what you think of them? handle on highway/road manners, washboard and gravel, traction on the rocks, mpg suffrage? whats the consensus?
I read on one thread that they were amazing in the snow all last winter.

I need a new set of rubber under the '10 Runner. thinking these might be the ones, esp if were going to get that whopper of an El Nino they're predicting

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
I had them on my fully built Landcruiser 200. Man were they LOUD. Much more so than my KO's or Toyo AT's. I ended up going with GoodYear Adventure Pro-Grade 6 ply on my new Gwagon. Super smooth and super quiet, while maintaining their triple mountain snowflake rating.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I had them on my fully built Landcruiser 200. Man were they LOUD. Much more so than my KO's or Toyo AT's. I ended up going with GoodYear Adventure Pro-Grade 6 ply on my new Gwagon. Super smooth and super quiet, while maintaining their triple mountain snowflake rating.
Wow that's interesting. The tread looks less aggressive than my AT2's. Thank you.

Last edited:

chunk

I am currently running a set on my 12 ram 3500 cummins, to me I dont find them to be all that loud. Not like mud tires etc. I run about 80% highway and the remainder on fsr hunting. I have had them on since October with just under 20k km, they are wearing nice and even so far. Excellent in ice snow and muddy logging roads. They are lt285/70r17

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Thanks for sharing that report.

Ice and snow performance is one of the tire's primary design targets, along with good 'commercial traction' and longevity. Longevity is a tough one as modern heavy-duty diesel trucks have much torque.

Last edited:

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Thanks for the links. I couldn't find anything when I looked. As I expected, no love for Jeep drivers in the sizing options. It seems everything is load range E these days.

Several Jeep JK models come equipped with the LT265/70R17 BFG KM2 in Load Range E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior