Mo's 2013 F150 Build

MoRogers

Observer
Nice, I have a similar bed setup on my 2013 with Thule racks and a Truck Covers USA retractable tonneau cover. Does your Yakima rack flex/sag at all, especially in the middle? I want a basket but even with snowboards in the middle they are bouncing pretty severely. I think anything heavier would cause issues.

Not anymore with the basket, but it wanted to at first. It was how/where I actually placed the mounts for the basket to the bars. the farther out I went from the center, the more stable it became, especially over rough terrain. I actually tossed my 100+lb spare up there a few times with little flex, but I'm still considering getting a 3rd bar. if all of your weight is set to the center, anything over 50lbs will flex from what I've seen.

MoRogers

Observer
How do you have the rack feet mounted? Did you drill into the bedsides?

No, the tonneau cover came with bed rails to allow mounting of a rack system, yakima, Thule, whichever. I did how ever add some additional mounts on the inside or the bed rail, I didn't think th mount hardware was enough that came with the rails.

MoRogers

Observer
Been a while, need to update with most of my changes. I'll start with my most recent LED lights I Added/changed out. as usual, pics don't do the justice, but this setup tosses out a lot of light at range. Two 7" floods up from and a 50" Radius Spot up top.

Ledlights.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior