Mo's 2013 F150 Build

MoRogers

Observer
A bit behind on getting this one started. but since i have a little time now, I'll get'er going...

Been working on this F150 for a few months now. its not a DD so its garaged most of the time. ~9k miles on it so its still fairly new.
IMG_0067.jpg
DSC_0014.jpgIMG_0076.jpg

Phase 1 of this project has included the following MODs

AFE Exhaust
Icon Stage 4 Suspension
295/55/20 Toyo MTs Fuel Trophys (going to 35s or 37s after re-gear)
30" cree light bar(behind grill)
PE Tonneau hard Cover
Yakima Racks with megawarrior basket (over truck bed)
IPAD Mini for Nav + Garmin GLO BT Device

phase 2 Will include the following...

X20 Comp 12.5k winch
FAB Fours winch bumper
4.55 re-gear
RCI Aluminum skid plate package
50" Light Bar
X20 Comp 12.5k winch
FAB Fours Pre-Runner winch bumper(as seen below)
WEB_F150_09FRNT_PRNGRD_2.jpg

I do all of my own labor (With the exception of the gearing) so I'm scoping this phase between now and the end of the year to get'er done, whenever work permits. I don't have any major trips planned till next summer so I'm taking my time and doing my homework.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

MoRogers

Observer
Just installed a bedslide I picked up second hand for a few hundo$. works perfectly after install and few touch ups. going to Add hooks for tie downs next weekend.

IMG_0110.jpg IMG_0107.jpg IMG_0108.jpg

Now I'm think on getting a Diamondback tonneau to replace the Pace Edwards. it will be way stronger anyway and far more secure. plus i can still mount the rack.

TRDFAN

Adventurer
Truck looks great! Glad to see another 09+ f150 on the boards. What kind of wind noise have you experienced with the light bar mounted on the roof? I am planning to build a low pro mount for my Yakima racks for a light bar and am curious of you results.

MoRogers

Observer
Truck looks great! Glad to see another 09+ f150 on the boards. What kind of wind noise have you experienced with the light bar mounted on the roof? I am planning to build a low pro mount for my Yakima racks for a light bar and am curious of you results.

Thnx!

If I'm doing 60+ mph! it's whistles a little bit! but only hear it with the radio off. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but everybody's different I guess. However, I've been in other vehicles with light bars where it sounds like wolves howling. Maybe it's a profile issue.

snowfiend

Nice, I have a similar bed setup on my 2013 with Thule racks and a Truck Covers USA retractable tonneau cover. Does your Yakima rack flex/sag at all, especially in the middle? I want a basket but even with snowboards in the middle they are bouncing pretty severely. I think anything heavier would cause issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94