my Montero "bed"

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Last week I finally figured out how to make the front and 2nd row seats into a mostly flat bed, here are a few pictures. I wish I had taken a few pictures of when I put a sleeping pad on the passenger side and slept in there while camping over the weekend, was quite comfy to say the least.

Attachments

• WP_001626.jpg
    WP_001626.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 118
  • WP_001627.jpg
    WP_001627.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 124
  • WP_001628.jpg
    WP_001628.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 131

Jamacee

Observer
Regardless of comfort level that is pretty bad *** that they even do that.

Really what other manufacturer thought of this and actually implemented it?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Some models have a button under the middle row armrests so you can move them and make the whole thing flatter and incorporate the 3rd row into your bed.

I've spent a lot of nights sleeping in a Montero and I must say if you're not a back sleeper you're F'd

The other thing I've done is flatten the whole thing out with my gear/clothes or whatever I can find that fits.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Some models have a button under the middle row armrests so you can move them and make the whole thing flatter and incorporate the 3rd row into your bed.

I've spent a lot of nights sleeping in a Montero and I must say if you're not a back sleeper you're F'd

The other thing I've done is flatten the whole thing out with my gear/clothes or whatever I can find that fits.

I'm a side sleeper and did fine, next time I need to let more air out of the sleeping pad though.

magoh76

Adventurer
Here's a crappy picture of me in my Montero in February. I only laid down the driver's side, the other side I had the seat folded down for room for gear. My son and I slept in the Montero with the "bed" down while we were camping in Colorado in July (mom and girls got the cots in the tent). It's more comfortable if you roll up a towel or something and put it where the middle seat back meets the seat.

Montero bed.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The 3rd row on a Gen 2/2.5 is designed by Mitsubishi to fold flat and be incorporated into the "bed".

Check out about a minute into this factory training video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZoIlcYX53I

Really, you don't say. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/118937-how-to-make-your-rear-seats-into-a-bed

and http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/77907-Tell-me-more-about-these-Monteros/page7

There are more on here but those are most recent.

Last edited:

All-Terrain

No Road Required

Hot ****.

Since you chose the less-comfortable option, I figured you didn't know about it...

Of course, you didn't specify that you had removed the 3rd row.

Apparently you just want congratulations for using the less-comfortable option, then.

So, congrats. Well done.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hot ****.

Since you chose the less-comfortable option, I figured you didn't know about it...

Of course, you didn't specify that you had removed the 3rd row.

Apparently you just want congratulations for using the less-comfortable option, then.

So, congrats. Well done.

Please go annoy someone else because you are not making any sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz