Wheel spacer to lift ratio?

jhill15

Explorer
Im looking to lift my gen3 with an ome lift and also want to add wheel spacers. Is there any certain ratio for best performance, exp: i want a 2 inch lift and 2 inch wheel spacer with 265/76/16, or does any of that matter, lift and widen stance as much as you want?
Thanks everyone

jhill15

Explorer
Mainly to bring the tires out from under the fender wells and widen the stance. I would remove the cladding and that would take care of it but theres alot of work involved in doing that.

montypower

Adventure Time!
I put on 1.25" in the front and 1.75" rear. Tire sidewall is 1/4" inset from the outside of the fender. Running 255/85r16 (33.5" tire). You don't have to remove the cladding. I have removed my side steps and trimmed the bottom of the cladding. Front bumper was replaced with ARB. It has plenty of clearance. Looking at mounting a second set 35" tires for snow/trail use.

jhill15

Explorer
Montypower did you buy your spacers online? If so do you have the link of the website? Also a pic of your rig? And lastly are the spacers 6x6.5?
Thanks a bunch

jhill15

Explorer
Anyone know what spacer to get and where? 6x6.5?? 6x6.137??? Not sure what to order and where?
Thanks

wonderingsol

Is there a specific reason you would want spacers rather than just getting new wheels that have less backspacing? I bought 5 15X8 procomp wheels for $50 a pop and am running 35X12.5 tires (Gen II Monty though). How much are spacers?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
But also keep in mind that adding spacers will INCREASE your turning radius. It sounds like you are simply going for aesthetics and will not be taking it on trails so it may not matter, but even in a parking lot at the mall you want as short a radius as possible.

jhill15

Explorer
Thank you! Man ive been waiting for someone to tell me the actual lug spacing. Now I can order some up. I didnt want to order the wrong thing and get one of my wheels off and be sol.
Thanks again man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online