Random shots

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
The "My favorite picture" thread is a good place to post your favorite pics, but if you just have some random shots that you feel like sharing, go ahead and post them here. They don't necessarily have to be your favorite, but just something you find interesting, beautiful, or compelling... whatever the motivation may be. Lets limit this to photographs that you took, not someone elses pictures.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Great Idea Baja!

But you better watch out! I just love my new camera!

para~surfing at Pacific Beach

2006_0413SanDiegoSnowyMtns0041.jpg

....and......Ocean Ballet!

2006_0418PacificBeachSunset0037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Pic threads rule!!

So many talented photographers here - :bowdown:

I'll start with a couple -

This photo was taken on the Swan Valley Scenic Byway on my recent trip to Idaho. The pic isn't black & white, the weather was.
TheMelt.jpg

This was taken on the southern Oregon Coast near Coos Bay. Shot w/ 35MM film -

Oregonbeach.jpg

Taken of my T100 above the Red Desert in SW Wyoming, on an unplanned day trip -

Tlookinover.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Excellent KC!!!!

Here is one for you!

Taking the back way scenic route from the north heading into Fort Laramie.

The hills were dotted all over the place with these old windmills!

August 2005

IMG_0185.jpg

...and the bridge at Fort Laramie. This bridge was Very instrumental in the expansion of the West!

IMG_0186.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Alright, COOL THREAD! I'm loving that one of KCs T100 in that vast section of dust and brush called Wyoming. Absolutely perfect.

In the spirit of random, here are some moments in which I just couldn't help myself:
brooke.jpg

mario_fixing_2.jpg

spiritroom_jerome.jpg

That last picture is at the Spirit Room in Jerome, Arizona. Those two women (do I have to say it?) were drunk, dancing, and proved to the rest of us that they weren't wearing bras. :smilies27

ShearPin

Adventurer
Office - Stuck

Hey - that's a great shot of the fence in Idaho with the mist coming down off the mountains.

The attached is my desktop background at the moment - I am looking at it while stuck in the worst place of all, the office. I shot it on my honeymoon in Guatemala. My Rover "Eore" on a back road - lots of time to explore, and the wife and I just finished lunch of peanut butter and jam spread on local corn tortillas....

Attachments

• 04NovHoneymoon (231).jpg
    04NovHoneymoon (231).jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 345

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Nice pics guys.

ShearPin said:
The attached is my desktop background at the moment - I am looking at it while stuck in the worst place of all, the office. I shot it on my honeymoon in Guatemala. My Rover "Eore" on a back road - lots of time to explore, and the wife and I just finished lunch of peanut butter and jam spread on local corn tortillas....

Love the story, love the pic. Very nice. That is one of my favorite things about photographs - they can be a tangible link to a very fond memory or special place or person, that we can access from anywhere we can manage to keep a photograph. PC desktop, wallet, glued on the ceiling of your camper (now there is an idea!)...

S

Scenic WonderRunner

In the spirit of Baja's above post!

This was a very memorable moment for me! I had just waterproofed/raised my axle vents just before this trip.

SWR crossing Tonto Creek. My first ever water crossing!

TontoCreekWaterCrossingArizona.jpg

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I love the Albatros. It reminds me of Jimmy Buffett and his great novel "Where is Joe Merchant". Great pics guys.

ShearPin

Adventurer
Grumman Albatross

Love that shot of the Albatross. I saw Jimmy Buffet in San Diego a number of years ago and they buzzed the amphitheatre in his. I read he has it outfitted as a flying mobile home complete with surfboards etc. Nice way to travel... Does that fly-in happen every year?

Henry

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I do nto think so, I have been to many a Jimmy Buffett shows, and have never seen his plane do a fly over. He also has a Citation jet that his wife flys on, but does the flying of his sea plane himself. How cool would that be? If you have not yet, check out his book "A Pirate Looks at Fifty". A good read about his fiftieth birthday.

justfred

Adventurer
I think the fly-in happens every year. They were willing to take spectators, happier if you donated to pay for fuel. That shot I took out the open window of another one. If you like these, please check out my gallery; on the way out I got to ride in the nosecone and took pix of us flying in formation, buzzing canyons, and landing on the lake.

I'd actually prefer a Sikorsky S-38, if you could find them. Nicknamed "The Explorer's Air Yacht", the one in "Aviator" is one of two still flying (I believe).
sikorsky_s38_300.jpg

26.jpg

Or a single-engine S-39. I'm not picky.

justfred

Adventurer
As I recall, Jimmy's Albatross "Hemisphere Dancer" is now a museum piece in one of his restaurants. I also think (from reading his books) that the Goose is what he flies now, and the crash was in another, smaller amphibian, a Lake?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Buffett

...doesn't mention it but probably should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste