UK Toyota Hilux

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
Well I said goodbye to the little jimny

asenype4.jpg

And that very same night I picked up the vehicle that will take us around the world, well that's the plan anyway

e5ezuba9.jpg

he6a8yge.jpg

pu4amady.jpg

2007 Toyota Hilux Invincible

First things first... address the serious lack of light when reversing

A quick search on the Internet (including here) brought up Ridgit Industries led reverse kit but while looking for a uk importer I found wilderness lighting which had a highter IP rating (IP69K) and decided to give them a shot

y4yqybys.jpg

I was very impressed with the build quality and seamed like they could hold up to there manufacturers claims...

I bought 2 floods with a flush fitting kit and you will see why next..

I wanted a clean install so came up with this

ty3ebydu.jpg

za7yna6a.jpg

u8ubyzu8.jpg

What do you think?

y4yguha8.jpg

Kicks out PLENTY of light... It isn't currently on a switch as I am planning a roof console install so it will put one in to isolate it then...

That's all for now

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
They are from a 80 series landcrusier... and unfortunately arnt staying :( the guy I bought the hilux off wants them back once I have a set of modulars to replace them

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Beauty... That Jimny was a sweet little rig too (as are the VW's). Hilux Looks awesome and like a perfect truck to haul you around the world aye, and I love the reverse lights (I'm going with LED's on my build too, it's amazing what kind of light output you can get now days w/o having to run a 200A alternator...). Guessing it's a 1KD-FTV 3.0L TD??? Lovely truck!!!!

Cheers

Dave

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
I think they kick out 3500 lumens each with about 3 amp draw can't fault that really... I am going LED all round due to that reason

And I think it is haha its the 3L D4D TD so plenty of power

It's had a engine chip installed already and a peddlers +2 inch lift on the front all installed from the previous owner

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I think they kick out 3500 lumens each with about 3 amp draw can't fault that really... I am going LED all round due to that reason

And I think it is haha its the 3L D4D TD so plenty of power

It's had a engine chip installed already and a peddlers +2 inch lift on the front all installed from the previous owner

:drool: mmmmmmm... D4d. And yeah, LED has got it's hooks into me too.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
First time camping with the hilux...

The pitch was abit of a squeeze but it just about worked haha

0744e7e3c6cd436c7f84d1b1437ef826.jpg

I temporally fitted the awning from the Jimny on the the cross bars for this trip and I am glad I did as it rained abit when we had set up

But our rescue dog alice seamed to enjoy her self even though it was alot cooler then her native country Cyprus

5566923fddbbd66af3996d23b3309b30.jpg

11c7bb278f02733d2c4af0477705e4c6.jpg

This was a test trip to a local camp site for one night to see what things we need to adjust to suit life with a hilux and we have come back with a big list of stuff to change including getting rid of the air bed that deflates it's self overnight... I am sick of waking up on the floor

But saying that we brought twice as much stuff then we would have in the jimny and still felt comfortable driving it

7002102e45083c433fe39573c9f20d7a.jpg

Tuesday it will be in the garage for the diff oils to be dropped and replaced and props etc greased as well as a good once over before I start the real modding :)

JJ

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Alice is a doll!

It's always interesting seeing campsites in Europe. They're quite a bit more...intimate than we're used to here.

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
She means the world to my girlfriend and oh dose it show haha

Yer this campsite only had around 20 pitches and the smaller ones were i recon about 5m x 5m maximum

Toyotero

Explorer
That's a beaut of a rig. I was not aware that they put an INVINCIBLE plaque on them... nice.

It must feel like a cavernous amount of space after the Jimney.

After using them, how do you like the LED lights?
Cheers,

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
It's like living in a mansion compared to the jimny haha

The wilderness LED lights are brilliant it turns night time into day time behind me when I select reverse would defently buy them again

Jersey4x4

Adventurer
My modulars finally arrived on the post

a91d97567028c0cd9106598df93d3e2d.jpg

Tonight I started to prep them ready for a more desirable coat of paint...

0bee8906e79351e1247015cad19c673f.jpg

This is the colour I think I have settled on... GUNMETAL GREY (Evo 8MR)

a3231b56af8d987a33e794881385158f.jpg

What do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles