Rough out products Expedition pop up

4runnerteq

Explorer
My m416 is licensed in Maine. Im in Ky. Someone here has a thread, mainetrailers or something like that. All I had to do was send them a signed bill of sale and a VIN, just used the serial number on trailer. Didnt relicense because we dnt have to here. Was pulling in antoher state & ddnt want to have any issues.

cwadej

just a guy
Now, I have heard that you can title a trailer in Delaware (I believe) as an out of state resident with a bill of sale, an easy process. Once you get the tag and title from them you can transfer that title to any state. Might consider that route and stay legal through the process.

Just from the pic I can tell that's a factory or professionally built trailer, the lid details, fit, you scored, that's a nice trailer to work with. :)

Maine actually does the trailer registrations. I just did mine, Simple statement saying it is homebuilt, and two of their forms. $21 registers it for two years.
Call the Maine BMV directly and ask for a registration packet for a non-resident. (207) 624-9000 ext. 52149
They are extremely helpful and nice.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Cwadej, thanks, I was thinking Delaware and it's Maine, new it was up there in that neighborhood. The $21 fee is what I recall reading as well, so I'm sure it's the same. I'll give them a call.

fast_suv

Adventurer
My m416 is licensed in Maine. Im in Ky. Someone here has a thread, mainetrailers or something like that. All I had to do was send them a signed bill of sale and a VIN, just used the serial number on trailer. Didnt relicense because we dnt have to here. Was pulling in antoher state & ddnt want to have any issues.

I'm finishing up my titling of the trailer today, fairly easy in VA... filled out the Homebuilt trailer paper work, paid $5 for VIN place and rivets, installed plate, LEO signed off that it was installed, and now back to DMV for Tags

GREAT!! Now I really want one...

Nice find and keep the pictures coming

Yeah, I super excited to tear into it, Hoping that the weather holds out this weekend and I can start some TLC.
Even got the girlfriend into wanting to work on new bunk covers and what not.

On a side note, If anyone has one of these or any information on them i would love to talk. I really would like to know more about their short lived history....

fast_suv

Adventurer
So got home and the brown Santa dropped off some goodies for the trailer...

aje7ymyn.jpg

fast_suv

Adventurer
Just scored a Zamp 120 Watt solar kit for the camper!

atymu4y6.jpg

6evemery.jpg

Going to go out and start working on the trailer tonight...

cannonball55

Adventurer
good lookin trailer!

off topic: its nice to see members from fredericksberg and surrounding areas. grew up there, own a house there, but i'm in Cali for good now.

fast_suv

Adventurer
Well tore into the trailer today found that one of the Goshen lift spring tube weld was broken which resulted in the push spring to need replacing. Scored one at a local Rv shop and replaced it. Re-welded the tube and clean up the wiring for the surflo pump. Going to grab a battery and wire up the Solar panels tomorrow weather permitting...

All in all the trailer looks to be well built and pretty solid.

fast_suv

Adventurer
I'll snap some more pics tonight...

I fixed a crap fiberglass repair job on one of the doors last night... not perfect but 100000x better then it was and i'll clean it up better later; just wanted to get it functional and a bit less noticeable.

I tore off the delta box, 50gal water storage tank and the rest of the doors last night to prep bed lining the fenders and frame. I'm also going to paint all the diamond plate black. I May Plasti dip the water storage tank cover and delta box black just in case I decided to want to go back to the polished look on those.

I have debated on leaving the doors the silver they are, to to to color match it to the Jeep (Gecko Green), go darker silver (charcoal), or Black...

Also, the top looks to be luan board sandwitched between a thin foam board that has been carpeted in the interior and a plastic like sheet on the outside. The Top of the roof is the same but framed in and reinforced with metal. the Top of the Top is 100% good... I need to replace the left and right sides of the top and while i'm at it i may just knock out the rear and front sides of the top too. Not sure how to go about doing that yet... (any links or ideas?)

borison

Adventurer
"Why not call the DMV inspection folks, not the lady handing out tags, give them the details and ask, they might say bring a bill of sale or put down "unknown" as the builder. "

X2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94