National luna powerpack battery decision help

usamedic

Observer
Ok, so my comanche has has a custom battery mount for an optima, and has a newer red top 34/78.

I need a battery for my powerpack and was thinking getting your input here for the best battery choice.......

Then I thought maybe I should get a yellow top 34/78 so that they are literally interchangeable and each time I buy a new battery I I get yellow tops and move my starting battery to my power pack.

What do you all think?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Well you wanted input so here is my 2 cents.

I like the idea of interchangeable batteries for the renewal process. I don't like your choice of brands. I'd suggest moving away from Optima to a more reliable brand like DEKA. Go for a Deep cycle / starter, AGM battery like the Intimidator.

slamunion

Agreed optima batteries are trash, ever since they went to recycled lead batteries instead of virgin lead. Sears die hard plats are another good option.

Bart Miller

Observer
I chose the Optima battery due to the fact I have a friend works for Johnson Controls and he gets a hell of a deal on them. The battery has been installed in my vehicle for over a year now powering my ABR fridge freezer and is been running continuously. This battery is working with a national Luna dual battery system with two 30W goal zero Boulder solar panels as a backup.image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke