Toyota miles?

REMOTEPLACES

Adventurer
When I worked for Toyota I was told the drivetrain was engineered for 253K, we all know they're good for it too. The biggest factor is regular maintenance from the birth of the vehicle. Synthetic oil from early on is a +.

SNOWDOZER

Adventurer
My 03' DC Tacoma just rolled 252K. I rleplaced the original CV joints over the weekend. Your Toy will keep you happy if its happy.

slamunion

I have 170k on my taco with no issues yet, only maintance. If you do maintance on your vehicle or over maintain it will last a long time. Mine has never weeped a drop of fluid and I've run synthetic oil since the first 500 miles, and the engine has no carbon build up at all. Clean the injectors, plugs, all files on a regular basis and it should last a long time.

Last edited:

Richietherocket

Adventurer
I have an 07 FJC with 119k on it. Bought it with 76k about 2 years ago. I change all my own fluids, filters. I let somebody else give it bath after wheeling or camping in it though.
I fully expect to have this for at least another 100k. You can't really go wrong with any of these Toyotas. Now dont get me started on my BMW's though...

nucktaco

Adventurer
ive got 226,000 on my 08 tacoma 4.0L. my dads got 300k on his 07 tundra 5.7L. all kms though.

neither has needed anything other than regualar maint. except the tundra which had a water pump replaced at 280,000 when is started to slightly leak before a 10,000 km roadtrip so we replaced it to be safe.

midwayliberator

MY 06 auto with 4.0L has a 180,000 miles with the only real maintenance other than lube and oil were Cv Axles and cats. My roommate has a 06 as well 4.0L manual and he has 210,000 miles with just basic maintenance. We both have a lot of dirt road miles and highway miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz