Adventure Scooter?

ihatemybike

Explorer
The MadAss pictured above is a modified example. The stock pipe is run up under the seat.

Sachs MadAss stock
sachs-madass-125-1.jpg

Check out this cargo rack that they make for them. MadAss complete rack system
mad%20rack.jpg

Here's one already modded out for trail use. Moto-Scoot MadAss XT Custom
sachs-madasss-xt-callout.png

libarata

Expedition Leader
The Sachs has issues with staying held together(vibrations). I LOVED the looks of them, till a buddy bought the 50cc version, and had bolts vibrate free. fit and finish also left a lot to wish for.

ihatemybike

Explorer
The MadAss is made in China and like any Chinese scoot all bolts should be checked. The 50cc hasn't been imported for a very long time. From reputation, Moto-Scoot seems to very good at setting up the 125cc versions.

jkam

nomadic man
I like the look of it and the aftermarket is incredible with the variety of goodies available.
I have no use for one as I like my Super Sherpa.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Personally I'm jonesing for the caught in development hell FX Mountain Moto. They currently say there will be 50 state legal dual sport and expedition models.
Yep, not cheap at all, but they still could have had my money for a long time now. That would be so perfect for the back of the XV-JP.

I'm guessing that the fact that they are getting ready to launch the Fifth Generation as the first ones to be sold accounts for some of the delay. :sombrero:

hurstjd

Adventurer
Great thread and perfect timing. I have been contemplating the exact same subject. I have decided to go with the Yamaha TW200. They look great, very light weight, great gas mileage and a killer fat back tire.

Plus, they have been around for years and last a long time. I saw one for sale the other day that had 27,000 miles on it! They get great reviews and it is my understanding that they are a blast to ride.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Small bikes certainly have their place. When space is limited (as in my original question) to put in vehicle or in a boat, I hate walking up long boat ramps, sometimes a 1/2 mile uphill to get to the restaurant, the bar is even further in some places. ;)

I probably wouldn't go further than 5 or 10 miles, but knowing I can in traffic is a plus, so is being able to pick it up and take it up a couple steps through a boat dock gate or similar barriers.

There isn't that much difference in the length of a 125/259 trail bike and my 650, but they are lighter. Problem with the short wheel base is that you can have a wilder ride.

There are some tuff looking scooters.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Other than highway traveling. I figured whenever I get a 200-250cc bike, it will be more for "I wonder what is back there..." days. Virginia lowered the speedlimit on dirt roads to 35, so putzing along in my roo is not much fun. But, on a wee bike?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I'd think any bike that can't legally go on the road is pretty much useless for travels, running through the mud or tails is one thing, if you can't use it to get groceries or supplies, it's just a novelty, not a useful vehicle......no mater what it might do elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior