High Altitude...

nckwltn

Explorer
just returned back to near sea level in Los Angeles... the elevation makes a big difference... but so does a popup trailer and truck loaded with camping equipment/food/luggage for 2 adults, 1 dog (120lbs) and one 15 month old (23ish lbs). I did unhitch the trailer and drive around at 7k+ feet, and the Montero moved around well enough. Not as good as sea level, but good enough for me not to worry.

RttH

hey roger, i was wondering if you could tell me what tires you have...are they really 33x10.2x15? what is the metric number for those?
I'm not sure what the metric equivalent is off hand, they are BF Goodrich km2's. I just swapped them out for 31x10.5x15 Cooper discoverer AT3. I decided to go back down in size after reading several articles on tire size and also the fact that they spend a majority of the time on pavement. I decided to give up a little on the "coolness " factor. Time will tell if I made a good choice. It didn't make sense to change the dynamics and fuel economy, not to mention the cost just to gain ~2 inches. The Coopers ride nice by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier