So I sold my 110...

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
A client was having problems finding a decent 110 CSW with a 200Tdi - I mentioned , in passing and without thinking, that mine might be up for sale. He asked a price; I named it. Two weeks later it was off down the road. I had a lump in my throat. I shall miss the old girl - but she's off to have loads of money spent on her and then spend her next 25 years basking in the hot sun of Southern Africa. Bless.

No 4x4 - apart from The Senior Management's family hack 300Tdi Disco Auto. I thought about another Defender. But the short ones are expensive and the really long ones are two big; and why buy another 110?

Then along comes a base spec '93 200Tdi Manual 5 door. 87k miles backed by 26 service stamps and all the MoT's. Never been off road, never towed. Barely any rust - in fact as mint as a sweet with a hole in it. That will do nicely thank you.

Then I get offered a '51 TD5 Auto ES Premium for a very small amount - The head is just starting to go; so as part ex it's worth less than £1k over here... A new family hack, with the 300Tdi relegated to tow motor and the 200Tdi as the overland truck

DividingCreek

Explorer
I was going post "say it aint so" but you sold one and bought two, in true rover owner fashion.
Cheers on the new acquisitions

94Discovery

Adventurer
A client was having problems finding a decent 110 CSW with a 200Tdi - I mentioned , in passing and without thinking, that mine might be up for sale. He asked a price; I named it. Two weeks later it was off down the road. I had a lump in my throat. I shall miss the old girl - but she's off to have loads of money spent on her and then spend her next 25 years basking in the hot sun of Southern Africa. Bless.

No 4x4 - apart from The Senior Management's family hack 300Tdi Disco Auto. I thought about another Defender. But the short ones are expensive and the really long ones are two big; and why buy another 110?

Then along comes a base spec '93 200Tdi Manual 5 door. 87k miles backed by 26 service stamps and all the MoT's. Never been off road, never towed. Barely any rust - in fact as mint as a sweet with a hole in it. That will do nicely thank you.

Then I get offered a '51 TD5 Auto ES Premium for a very small amount - The head is just starting to go; so as part ex it's worth less than £1k over here... A new family hack, with the 300Tdi relegated to tow motor and the 200Tdi as the overland truck
You Fool as punishment you have to drive a toyota for a week :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier