A not so shabby Ram 4500 upfit

flylow4500

Observer
Thanks for the interest guys! Work is finally slowing to a manageable pace so I'm getting ramped up to get this truck put together. I'm working on a list of parts I need to finish. This is what I have come up with so far.

Oasis air compressor
Asco valves to inflate deflate bags. We have the auto valves on my brothers truck and I'm not impressed.
Build auxiliary fuel tank. It will sit in the front of the bed.
Lin-x bed and inside boxes
Build spacers for the air bags.
Mount train horns (Nathan KL3)
Build rear bumper
Rigid lights for rear bumper
Air tank
Mud flaps

Observer
Can I ask where you sourced the Michelin Multiways? I was Looking for some of those for myself . They seem to be not easy to find in Alberta.

flylow4500

Observer
We love our Milwaukee jacks!

I ordered the tires from the local Michelin dealer, I've had them for probably a year though. They had to bring them up from Texas.

It's a Miracle, the bed is painted. The fenders required some body work and will be done this week.

Last edited:

Observer
Have any input on the tires now that you have a year on them? Like poor weather traction. Winter? Any off highway work?

mnewxcv

Observer
can I ask, when it comes to custom hitches like that, what is the legality regarding hitch rating and sofourth? for instance, if i had a hitch rated for 2k pounds, and was pulling 5k, in the case if an accident, I believe I would be found at fault because of it. how do they handle hitch ratings for custom hitches like that?

flylow4500

Observer
The tires have been on the shelf for a year.

There are no ratings on the receiver (if there was it would be "All You Got".) The ball and the hitch are the weak links with rated capacities. If these aren't exceeded there will never be a problem.

flylow4500

Observer
The day started with hopes of installing Carli front springs and shocks on the truck.

It ended with removing the lower coil buckets and making plans to build new ones. Apparently in 2014 the lower diameter of the coil changed on the 45/5500 trucks compared to every other dodge front coil ever made.

The adjustable track bar also needs a little love to make it work on a 4500. The 10" piggy back shocks are too long to work on a cab chassis truck, a 8" stroke is needed. Oh well it will be worth it when its done...

flylow4500

Observer
Anything is possible with a little hard work. (I was told these coils will never fit by a few people)

Toyo 37x13.5 vs Michelin 295/60 R22.5

flylow4500

Observer
American Force has been anything but helpful in the fitment of the wheels. When I ordered the adapters I explained to them I was going to run singles on the back but they still sent me adapters for duels. I called them back and they said tuff luck we can't help you, I asked for a stud PN for shorter studs and they said "figure it out yourself." I looked for hours for a stud that was shorter to work on the back, Finally I grabbed the porta-band and fixed the glitch. To make it even harder for those of you who want to run big 10 lug wheels American Force no longer sells the adapters by themselves.

Picture is before and after I cut the studs and hub pilot down for a single wheel.

Observer
I love the truck.

How is the front tracking to the rear tracking with the singled out rear? Track width the same?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94