flylow4500

Observer
I'd like to share the build of my 2014 Ram 4500 pickup. Here goes

Specs of the truck
2014 Ram 4500 4x4 Larmie
6.7 Cummins
Aisin as69 transmission
4:10 gears

I just picked it up at the rail yard in this picture.

I couldn't take the ride so I put swapped some 3500 springs in until I had time to install the 4 bag Kelderman suspension. Much better empty ride, it's pretty easy to see why.

I painted it our company colors.

I received a box full of goodies. Kelderman air ride for the front and rear.

Time to build a hitch. Cab chassis trucks are longer behind the axle than a standard pick up and this becomes a problem when you put the ball in front of the axle. Some trailers don't have the reach to clear the bumpers on sharp corners. Here is my solution. All 3/8 plate using B&W universal flat bed kit (ball and ball mount.)

I also needed a adjustable safety chain anchor.

I wanted a good beefy rear hitch, 3/8 plate on this too. It makes all manufactured class v hitches look light.

The bed took a while to get because I ordered a super low height so I don't have clearance issues with gooseneck trailers.

Time to figure out how to get those puney donuts off there. Tires are Michelin Multiway XD in 295/60R22.5. This was my first test fit so I can make permanent rear fender flares.

This is the same concept I'm going to use on the fenders for this truck, only difference is they will stick out further to cover the tire.

That's about all I have done so far. Seems like the list always stays the same length.

Last edited:

Joe's Toy

Observer
Do you mind telling what your company does? By the looks of that fabrication and welding I'd guess a fab shop. Great looking build. I love seeing someone build a truck exactly how they want it. Looking forward to more!

flylow4500

Observer
Thanks guys. This truck has been great.

We grew up with parents in the collision repair business. So welding, cutting and bending metal has be part of our lives for a long time. My brother and I have our own business not related to the auto body industry (or metal work.)

If you want something built right build it yourself.

Cheers

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Really nice! A very experienced Dodge Tech posted on TDR that he's never seen an Aisin come in other than for service on a stock powered Ram.

flylow4500

Observer
I love the Aisin, I have owned a 94,99,04.5 and now this 14 Dodge truck with cummins and autos and the 14 is amazing. I have spents tons of money trying to get the others to do what this one does stock.

This is the lifted (with a jack lol) ride height.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking truck. Always great to see another Dodge with a Cummins:drool: here on the forum. Cheers, Chilli....:)

Rbertalotto

Explorer
Fantastic...You are building MY next truck.....Air Bag suspension and all!

Can you tell us more about the suspension...loaded / unloaded.....ease of install....cost

THANKS!

flylow4500

Observer
Here are the drawings.
Changes:
deeper side boxes
Full depth rear boxes (no clearance for leaf springs)
Tall tailgate
No lights
No gooseneck mount
Chrome filler bezel (cast aluminum)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior