Indoor/outdoor thermometer.

subytoy

Observer
Has anyone put an indoor/outdoor thermometer in a FZJ80? I would like to know what the outside temp is when driving, but I haven't found one that doesn't look tacky.

Craig

jdayment

Observer
Some people on ih8mud have swapped out rearview mirrors with temperature display

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

subytoy

Observer
Mad Matt, I think I'm going to order one of those. I did see them on Amazon, but wasn't sure how good they are. I think I'll gamble the $24 on one.

Mad Matt

Adventurer
Thought I would follow up on this tread. I ended up purchasing the digital temp gauge off of Amazon and as it turns out its a few mm too wide to fit in any of the factory dash cutouts. In the end I used the supplied Velcro tape to affix it to the lower side of my dash. Not as clean of an install as I was hoping, but so it goes.

Untitled by blindranger, on Flickr

As to the actual gauge it seems to work perfectly and there was more then enough cable length to snake the sensor through the dash and engine bay to the front of my rig.

Untitled by blindranger, on Flickr

4xdog

Explorer
I have that UMA OAT (outside air temperature) gauge from Chief Aircraft. I got it a few years ago for a project on my Tacoma that's apparently taking the slow boat. It wasn't quite as much $$$ back then but was never cheap. Doesn't have a backlight either, just to be clear. It's beautifully made-in-USA and will probably get mounted on my dash on the blanking panel alongside the center dash vents. It's compact -- only 1 1/4" across the face, takes little power, and runs fine on 12V. It's deep though -- probably close to 3" in the form of a cylinder.
125oat.jpg

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/uma-outside-air-temp-electric-1-25.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke