Anyone try one of these before? Rhino-Rack Foxwing Car Awning 31101

geva9usu.jpg

Steve Simpson
Stafford, Virginia

I love the foxwing, however last month in Maine I experienced a micro burst of wind that snapped one of the knuckle joints while I was setting it up. As a result, I adjusted my setup SOP and each pole gets tied down with a Bluescrew before moving onto the next pole.

Steve Simpson
Stafford, Virginia

fast_suv

Adventurer
I love the foxwing, however last month in Maine I experienced a micro burst of wind that snapped one of the knuckle joints while I was setting it up. As a result, I adjusted my setup SOP and each pole gets tied down with a Bluescrew before moving onto the next pole.

Steve Simpson
Stafford, Virginia

Thanks for the pics and info...

Also, I saw your FJ over near OutBack in Stafford last week... Was admiring it in the parking lot lol...

cwadej

just a guy
While I plane on putting one on my Maggiolina Grand Tour, The length of it is my only issue. 8' is 1' longer than the tent, which is already 7" longer than my trailer box.

We have two on the trailer we purchased from Skersfan. It gives full coverage this way. His direct orders were to take very good care of it and to stake them down no matter what. He said they can withstand all most anything if staked down correctly. He also sent stakes long enough to kill two vampires at the same time(although not wooden). :):Wow1:

We used one side (staked down religiously) on the way home and loved it !! Other side of trailer was near tree and didn't come out. Very easy to put up and take down. If we showed up late during a storm (which we seem to do frequently) , we'd put up Kelty tarp and not risk damage to the awning. We are looking at adding sides for privacy, but they are crazy expensive.

drifter_r6

Observer
The Foxwing works very well. I love mines for the amount of shade it provides without having to constantly reposition. The side walls at a slight angle gives both sun and wind protection.

IMG_4860.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG

enzo

Explorer
How did you mount? Pics? Thanks.

I use BajaRack awning mounts. My tent overhangs a little so BajaRack custom made some mounts for me to replace the ones I currently have. Also, because of the weight of the awning they made me a 3rd bracket to handle it. I should have the new mounts this Friday.

Edit-I don't know why my pics are sideways.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member