The Elusive ARB RTT

justrw

I've been trying the last couple weeks to get an ARB Simpson III for my upcoming Alaska trip. I have tried two different online sellers who claimed it was in stock, but after placing the order and waiting a week or so they say it's not available! Anyone have a distributor that could get me one in the next couple weeks for my August 15th departure?

CodyY

Explorer
TJM Yulara and Simpson 3 are the same tent. Made in the same plant.

I can have you one shipped to you Monday.

Thanks

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
TJM Yulara and Simpson 3 are the same tent. Made in the same plant.

I can have you one shipped to you Monday.

Thanks

Hmmm, I'm quite certain your mistaken unless they have recently changed their tent.

The TJM Yulara (and many other 'insert your name here' tent companies) are selling a tent that is the same as the OLD ARB RTT, i.e. the ARB Simpson II. The Simpson III (and furthermore the Simpson IIID rendition) is a different tent, different components, different awning design, etc. The SIII does not require guy wires such as the Yulara, SII and XYZ tents.

CodyY

Explorer
Hmmm, I'm quite certain your mistaken unless they have recently changed their tent.

The TJM Yulara (and many other 'insert your name here' tent companies) are selling a tent that is the same as the OLD ARB RTT, i.e. the ARB Simpson II. The Simpson III (and furthermore the Simpson IIID rendition) is a different tent, different components, different awning design, etc. The SIII does not require guy wires such as the Yulara, SII and XYZ tents.

Possibly I am. That's the info I was given by Wes at TJM last week.

Plus, you've been in this market segment far longer than I have. I'll have to verify. Unfortunately there's not a ton of info out there on the Web for much of the TJM line in the US.

cruiseroutfit

Possibly I am. That's the info I was given by Wes at TJM last week.

Interesting to hear that coming from a TJM rep. Perhaps they have released a new model but given their use of the old ARB Simpson II design I can only assume any new offering will be a SIIIA and not the current SIIID style tent offering?

CodyY

Explorer
Interesting to hear that coming from a TJM rep. Perhaps they have released a new model but given their use of the old ARB Simpson II design I can only assume any new offering will be a SIIIA and not the current SIIID style tent offering?
Fwiw it wasn't a specific question in regard to S3, it went along the lines of "..same tent as Simpson 3 and cvt Mt. Shasta.." or something like that.

The call wasn't recorded for quality or training purposes on my end. ;)

I was mainly getting availability and shipping quote on one as I am a now a TJM dealer

cruiseroutfit

Fwiw it wasn't a specific question in regard to S3, it went along the lines of "..same tent as Simpson 3 and cvt Mt. Shasta.." or something like that...

Either way I would consider it a bit disingenuous. I'm not surprised to hear it as many claim to offer tents made in "the same factory as xyz" or "there are only 2 tent manufactures and ours is the better", misleading at best.

As for the OP, both of our Simpson III's sold and new stock is not due to the US until late August, hope you found one! :D

justrw

I got my ARB RTT yesterday and got it installed this morning! Ben @ Xpedition Ready was on top of my inquiry with great communication and a good price, and he even found one on my side of the country. I would have had the tent in 2 days if it wasn't for some unfortunate squabbling with the shipper who held my shipment hostage for nearly a week.

Here it is ready for action:
RWrunner_8_2014.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior